BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Same unit - two types of bases

Old chaos terminators have small bases while new ones have large ones. Do old termies need to be rebased on large bases to be legal for play in tournaments?

Battle-Brother

Yes

Veteran-Sergeant

Nothing in the rules says you do and I believe the only restriction is that you can't mount a model on a base smaller than the one it is supplied with.

While I still see whole units of old terminators on small bases at events from time to time no one really seems to really mind. You may however get some adverse reactions to mixed base sizes in the same unit.

Yeah I wouldn't mix. You may be fine with the old small ones but I'd maybe consider using the big bases just to avoid issues or potential grief in a tournament setting.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Veteran-Sergeant

My current understanding of the rules is that all models must be correctly based,after a couple of calls to GW the consensus was that means the current base size for a given model. That does not mean that ordering a model from the collectors or classic range is correctly based, as they are not "current" models.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by shesheyan View Post
    Old chaos terminators have small bases while new ones have large ones. Do old termies need to be rebased on large bases to be legal for play in tournaments?
    No, they can stay on their old bases.

Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

You play with the bases that was supplied with the model.

Unless you want to get into your DeLorian, go back in time, and stick large bases in the Termie Boxes before you bought them, keep them on their small bases.

If anyone wants you to rebase them, then tell them to supply the base, and base them themselves for you. Then decline and play with your toys as you see fit.

Chaplain

No.

They SHOULD be based on the bases the models came with (according to the rulebook and 'a note on bases'.

My old metal Eldar War Walkers are mounted on the 40mm SQUARE monster bases they came with (but these are attached to 60mm round (flats) to enable them to fit in with their newer models.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticaddict View Post
    My current understanding of the rules is that all models must be correctly based,after a couple of calls to GW the consensus was that means the current base size for a given model. That does not mean that ordering a model from the collectors or classic range is correctly based, as they are not "current" models.
    You are the first poster in three forums that tells me GW made a call on this. Is there a written record of this somewhere? It IS my personal belief that current base size should be used as it is logical but I don't insist on it.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    No, they can stay on their old bases.

Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

You play with the bases that was supplied with the model.

Unless you want to get into your DeLorian, go back in time, and stick large bases in the Termie Boxes before you bought them, keep them on their small bases.

If anyone wants you to rebase them, then tell them to supply the base, and base them themselves for you. Then decline and play with your toys as you see fit.
    qtf - i agree with buffo - and im not planning on forking out to rebase all my old termies.

/k

Brother-Captain

PErsonally, I am rebasing my for consistency of look ( and I never finished them on the old bases to begin with), but that's me. No one should ever have issue with the old termies on old bases.

I know Apoc isn't the standard, but there are tons of examples of old models on old bases through out the Apoc books, specifically Tyranids on old square bases.

John M>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast