BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Plastic Warhound?

Saw this on tumblr. The customer service trollz being trollz or genuine thing thats happening?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Scout

Forge World don't normally share models with GW shops do they? I would think the chances of it happening are very slim, as cool as it would be

Chapter-Master

They usually retire the FW one afterwards like they did with the baneblade and its variants.

Scout

Fair enough then. I thought it was one of FW's best sellers though? It's still selling and making them lots of money so I didn't think they'd give it up without a fight

Chapter-Master

No idea. Though maybe popularity increases the plastic chance cause you've got to cover the cost of the mould.

Scout

People do tend to buy from GW more than FW (at least, I'm pretty sure they do), although if GW start making cheap(er) ones, then FW's probably won't sell as much meaning FW won't be selling one of their most popular models that has made them a lot of money from the past (judging by the amount of people I've seen with one). Ok, all of that's kinda speculating, but (IMO) it's an educated speculation

Brother-Captain

They're same company though I suspect they'll have to do what they're told. We've seen the Horus Heresy variant power armour is plastic I'd wager they were pretty big sellers for FW.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Scout

Yeah, they're a lot cheaper as well from GW (probably mostly due to them being made from plastic instead of resin). It'd be strange if GW kept taking all of FW best sellers, although I suppose the company as a whole will make more money. How would the plastic Warhound fit into normal games of Warhammer though? Not sure how many points they are but I'm guessing they won't be cheap and I haven't met many people who play much more than 2000pt games (even at Warhammer World they rarely have huge games, or at least don't from what I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong)

Brother-Captain

They may use FW too test the water with new releases, for small runs resin is cheaper to manufacture than plastic models and then move over what works. It may even be as simple as the FW resin mould has reached the end of its life so they've just thought they'd give it a run. The Stompa seems to have some rather well in plastic. They have run Apocalypse events at WHW but yeah really big games and models do cause some interesting logistical problems which tends to put people off.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Scout

Ahh, ok then. Didn't actually know the Stompa was first released in resin (it was probably before my wargaming time ). Out of curiosity, how much do you think GW would charge for a plastic Warhound (what have the resin-plastic price conversions been in the past)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast