BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

My apologies I've been confusing the Stompa wasn't a resin model, I was just using it as an example of a similar sort of unit (not entirely equivalent but same ball park) that people have been using in games. The Warhound is certainly a taller model than the stompa though. When the Baneblade cane out in plastic it was roughly half the price it was in resin. Given that the Warhound would be £170isj That might be pushing it even for GW but then again Archaon is £100 and I've come across him quite a lot.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Scout

Fair enough then. I think one of the reasons why Archaon sold a lot was because lots of people just bought him to paint (I've seen a lot of the people who go to my LGS that have Archaon, all painted up, but never use him in games), which would probably be the same as the plastic Warhound. Even if people don't buy them to use in games, they'd probably just buy it to paint (despite the fact that it's not for any of my armies, I was already thinking about getting the FW one just to build and paint )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12