BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Nurgle List Help

So I had received a renegade strike force all the way back last Christmas and now finally have sometime to put it together. I also picked up a FW Nurgle Sorcerer and a FW Dreadnought. Now my issue is just creating a nice list out of what i have. In the future i plan on getting a couple of the sweet Nurgle Daemon Prince's and a squad of bikes. But at the moment I have to pay for a wedding in a month so that's out of the equation for now. So this is what I have

HQ
    Nurgle Sorcerer

Chaos Lord

Elites

Chaos Terminators x5
    DT: Land Radier

Chaos Dreadnought

Troops

CSM x10
    DT: Rhino

PM x10
    DT: Rhino

Heavy Support
    Vindicator

Defiler

As you can tell I am going down the path of Nurgle and just need help. Thanks in advance for any help!

Scout

Couple of questions that would help us give advice: How many points are you making the list for? What wargear and weapons are on your terminators, dreadnought, and other models?

Looking forward to being able to help!

Brother-Sergeant

Well going on what you have got (missing some key killer units as you may well know).

Defiler wants to be armed with 4x CCW's and a battle cannon. Maybe 3 CCW's and a heavy flamer.

I'd go cheap with the dread and just have a missile launcher maybe and heavy flamer. Perhaps a plasma cannon.

PM's wanna be:
    2x Melta
    Chamption with power fist

Normal CSM wanna the the sam, just give them the mark of chaos glory. Ideally you could mix and match with the other squad/convert these guys and run two units of PM's.

Vindicator, Give it daemonic possession.

I really can't imagine those HQ's with the mark of nurgle, If you can get away with it:
    Give the sorcerer the mark of slannesh and lash of submission + jump pack (can still look nurgley, this is where the if you can get away with it part comes in). He can then bunch up units for your vindi and defiler to smash.

With the lord i'd prob go mark of tzeentch and daemon weapon. It is dead shooty and no one ever expcts it. I'd put him in the LR with the termies, I'd give them a splattering of combi meltas, the occasional power fist and a heavy flamer.

Battle-Brother

thanks cause im still building the models so that helps a lot. Id give each squad two meltas but i only have the bits for one in each. I tried finding some extra meltas in my regular space marine bits but couldn't find any but i will keep that in my for future expansion.

Meltas can be purchased as bits from GW for cheap, and you'll need to buy lots of meltas for CSM.

Battle-Brother

should i give the rhinos demonic possession or would it not be worth it?

Brother-Captain

Not worth it, Rhinos are cheap and disposable.

Meltas are a must.

For later, Oblits would be very useful, as would another Dread, 2 DPs, and more PMs.

Brother-Sergeant

The one thing I'm not seeing is plague marines. I have found that generally it is more effective to run 7 plague marines than 10 normal marines for only 11pts more... Since your doing a Nurgle Army anyhow the choice seems clear too me.
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Battle-Brother

Just to recap i would run 7 but this is what i have so far from the renegade strike force plus a sorcerer and a dreadnought i got last Christmas and finally have time to build.

Battle-Brother

I came up with a list but still have 200 pts to fill should i just take the 6 extra csm i have and make them their own smaller foot sloggin plague marine unit?

HQ
    Chaos Lord 90
    • Mark of Tzeentch 15
    • Daemon Weapon 25
    • Terminator armor 30

Chaos Sorcerer 100
    • Mark of Slanaesh 5
    • Jump Pack/Wings 20

Elites
    Chaos Terminators x5 150
    • Champion 10
    • LC pair x2 20