BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

So you're thinking it'll be a complete Codex rather than just a set of extra units to add to existing imperial Codex? I like that it's always something that pops up in the fluff, with the armies of the imperium drawing from a number of sources.

The Taitor Legions book is going to have to be pretty packed with stuff there's so much to cover. I'm interested to see how the cover each Legions character especially given how the HH series has changed how some of them are characterised. The Nightlords for example aren't necessarily the super stealthy force they were portrayed as in the 3.5 Codex. I guess we could look at the FW HH series but that would add a lot of extra rules rather than using existing USRs. Of course they did add plenty of extra rules for AD Mech so who knows.

Exciting times.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I Have been putting together a inquisition army for a while now and after the creation the digital codex which turned out to be a 95% cut and paste from the old grey knights codex, I can't say the exact same cover artfills me with hope.

Also the timing and lack of hype is a concern. It will be out before the next Jan white dwarf. So unlike Magnus where the pics have been floating around for weeks we are likly to find the next dwarf just moves on to what the next release. Even the back page is vague on the next dwarf with our man red and his brethren forming the eye candy.

Cynical me thinks that we will find the digital editions of codecs, digital codex inq, sob, plus data slates all dumped copy and paste job.

That is cynical me view, the optimistic view (but with no evidence) view is for inquisition.

Probably a Dec with a description of 15ish troop types as a lot of warrior types appear in two dexs ( archoflagents/priests) a straight forward copy and paste job would lead to a lot of repeated ground.

It would be nice if the inquisitor could pick any of these for war band as there is game/fluff president for sob death watch and untouchables being part of their retinues. THough a lot can be represented through acolyte war gear choices but at a higher point cost and decreased effectiveness.

The Damon host needs fixing and the archoflagent needs a boost
    War bands should be able to get grenades.
    The chimera needs to be brought in line with Astra milita
    Transports need to include turoxs and maybe Goliath

I always felt with arbiters codex inquisition missed a trick not giving the acolyte a shot gun this would of meant a stand in squad could be made with crusaders and acolytes. If they are faction 9 . They should have a presition strike rule so that they can take down their man. Also some sort of rule/war gear that allows them a bonus in close combat if out numbered. riot control/they are the few that keep the masses in line.

Eislehorn rules and model

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Eislehorn rules and model
    Dave l
    That would be amazing, but, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't GW release an Eisenhorn model ages ago? Is there no way of getting this model and its rules anymore?

The only model and rule set that I'm aware of is for the inquisitor game. The scale of the game was different the models being larger. I have seen some decent conversions.

One other thing I'm hoping for is a inquisitor formation. The current one only has the one benefit of a warlord Errol that every one gets
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12