Salamanders (9)
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6) -1
    White Scars (6)

ultras are just too boring for me
    though not one much for loyalist chapters i gotto go with IH

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mysterex View Post
    It was a real toss up for the minus, Space Wolves or White Scars - both lack originality and are too closely related to historical groups. In the end it was Mongols must go.

Raven's for the bonus - if GW made even just a transfer sheet for these I reckon we'd see a lot more of them.
    Above quoted for the irony value. The Raven Guard whos primarchs last recorded words were " Nevermore"

This alone nearly gave my minus point to the RG, but theres too many contenders for my wrath of -1 and only one for my all round good guys.

Contenders for the jack *** awards are

Blood Angels, god damn I hate Vampires. I try to see them not as Anne Rice sees them though. Tragic story and not all their fault so I gave them a break.

Ultramarines, Dull, but being dull isnt enough to get - points

Iron Hands, The california cosmetic surgery addicts of the 40k world , they came close ....very close

But the winners of my -1 are the Dark Angels. Voted least likely to Man Up and admit to a previous indiscretion these low lifes of the imperium will not work with abhumans , not even abhumans who would willingly sacrifice their lives for humanity. The Dark Angels, who frequently leave warzones, condemning earstwhile allies to their doom , for no reason other than they got what they wanted. The Dark Angels. They have a Secret. The most self centred self absorbed legion bar none, if they ever serve the imperium its coincidental to serving themselves first.

In Contrast my winners of the +1 are The Salamanders. The chapter who go out of their way to protect and serve humanity. One of the very few who live among the human population of their planet and dont set themselves up as demigods ruling it. Basicly you just have to ask yourself one question.

If you needed space marine protection which chapter would you be most glad to see coming out of that thunderhawk?

Blood Angels (6)
    Dark Angels (10)-1
    Imperial Fists (10)
    Iron Hands (13)
    Raven Guard (13)
    Salamanders (10)+1
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6)
    White Scars (6)

Veteran-Sergeant

I've started this thred upon another Forum (Heresy-Online) to seewhich Legion is favoured by the different communities- I've credited eagleboy for the idea.

Librarian

Blood Angels (5)-1
    Dark Angels (10)
    Imperial Fists (11)+1
    Iron Hands (13)
    Raven Guard (13)
    Salamanders (10)
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6)
    White Scars (6)

(Personally I'm annoyed theres no Chaos Legions :P)
    Blood Angels: Every second bit of wargear is Blood themed, Vampires, Emo, bleugh.
    Imperial Fists: By far the most tolerable. I like Yellow ^.^
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    Blood Angels (4)-1
    Dark Angels (10)
    Imperial Fists (11)
    Iron Hands (13)
    Raven Guard (13)
    Salamanders (11)+1
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6)
    White Scars (6)
    Blood Angels: I dislike the blood fluff in their blood codex, like teaming up with the blood necrons to fight the Hive Fleet Blood, and the fact that they renamed their DCCWs to Blood Fist for no other reason except that there wasn't enough blood. Blood!

Salamanders: They're nice guys who put protecting humanity over glory. I'd rest knowing I was in good hands if that thunderhawk was filled with Salamanders. Also, they follow the doctrine of "Kill it with Fire!"

Chaplain

Blood Angels (5)+1
    Dark Angels (9)-1
    Imperial Fists (11)
    Iron Hands (13)
    Raven Guard (13)
    Salamanders (10)
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6)
    White Scars (6)

My plus was a given, the Blood Angels have been my favourite marines and army since I started playing, love the nobility and character of their fluff.

The minus was a difficult choice as I don't dislike any of the chapters, I don't really know too much about the Iron Hands, Raven Guard or the Salamanders but feel it would be unfair to condemn them for this. So my vote goes to the Dark Angels whose fluff I really enjoy but can't deny they are the jerks of the loyalist marines

Blood Angels (5)
    Dark Angels (9)
    Imperial Fists (11)
    Iron Hands (12)-1
    Raven Guard (14)+1
    Salamanders (10)
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6)
    White Scars (6)

Adeptus Custodes

Blood Angels (5)
    Dark Angels (9)
    Imperial Fists (12)+1
    Iron Hands (11)-1
    Raven Guard (14)
    Salamanders (10)
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6)
    White Scars (6)

We're Talking at the time of the heresy and its immediate aftermath right? all the Raven Guard, Sally's and Iron hands did was die

Brother-Sergeant

Blood Angels (4)-1
    Dark Angels (9)
    Imperial Fists (13)+1
    Iron Hands (11)
    Raven Guard (14)
    Salamanders (10)
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (6)
    White Scars (6)

Blood Angels (4)
    Dark Angels (9)
    Imperial Fists (13)
    Iron Hands (12)+1
    Raven Guard (14)
    Salamanders (10)
    Space Wolves (8)
    Ultramarines (5)-1
    White Scars (6)

"Iron within, iron without!" ooops... wrong text. But I like the cybernetic theme anyway.

Ultramarines? The good guys? come on it's 40k, there shall be no happy people on happy planets lead by happy smurfs...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast