BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Placed orders for upcoming models..? You mean they already have a list?
    Last edited by Gnarly; 08-05-2009 at 02:10 PM.

This should be cool. I'm looking forward to it.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sigose View Post
    Besides, Chaos dwarf online has a petition for this and GW said to them in a letter that something would happen by 2k9 and it is 2k9 and we are finally seeing the return begin, my local store has placed orders for the upcoming models he said so.
    Interesting that someone placed orders for models that aren't on the preorder list. I play the Dark side of the Dwarfs and if there was a pre-order going on the GW store I play at would have told me about it.

Scout

Chaos Dwarfs.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Karrik View Post
    Chaos Dwarfs.
    Using GW normal plural that would be right, but if you follow Tolkien the plural for Dwarf is Dwarves.

Chapter-Master

I'd love to collect Chaos Dwarves, honestly they are the only WHF army that arent completely cliche generic fantasy. Being a massive fan of Ayssyrian/Sumerian/babylonian mythology these guys appealed to me, I loved the look of them, and yes the hats - they just need new better sculpts in that style IMO. They are certainly the one and only original army in WHF.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by BilboBaggins View Post
    Using GW normal plural that would be right, but if you follow Tolkien the plural for Dwarf is Dwarves.
    Correct. So in this case?

Warhammer Fantasy Battle allows you to field an army of Chaos Dwarfs. Some with Guns.

Lord of the Rings on the other hand allows you to field Dwarves. Some with Bows.

Because they are different game systems. With different spellings.

An announcement about a release of Chaos Dwarves would be very different from that which was made at Gamesday Chicago. Very different.
    In much the same way as a thread that tells us all to expect some wonderful new Orks wouldn't have Orc players reaching for their wallets. Except those who play both - who would simply be disappointed rather than critically misinformed.

Veteran-Sergeant

But most people prefer to use the correct plural for Dwarf which is Dwarves. I just don't expect GW to fix mistakes from years ago.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by BilboBaggins View Post
    But most people prefer to use the correct plural for Dwarf which is Dwarves. I just don't expect GW to fix mistakes from years ago.
    It isn't correct. Dwarfs is correct given the root of Warhammer Dwarfs. They are more inspired by C.S. Lewis than by Tolkien - so Dwarfs. Crossbows rather than Bows. Beer rather than Pipes. Mountains of Mourne.
    Aslan beats Gandalf.

There is an argument for a whole lump of Brothers Grimm in there too - which would mean Dwarfs too.

DnD on the other hand lifts its Dwarves straight out of Tolkien. And so it is Dwarves.
    Spelling it Dwarves is the sure sign that you are one of those roleplayer kids I used to bully.

this is one i'd say will be post DE so not for a very long time. they have a great look but it could really go either way. they really just faded out though. they werent killed like squats or zoats

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast