BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Ogres don't need 5 models to rank up! At least that was the impression I got... Do monstrous infantry have ranks of 3 now? The unit size does not matter anymore?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wbravenboer View Post
    Ogres don't need 5 models to rank up! At least that was the impression I got... Do monstrous infantry have ranks of 3 now? The unit size does not matter anymore?
    Yes Monstrous Infantry have ranks of 3 and need 6 to count as a Horde.

BRILLIANT summary of the rumours over at The Quiet Limit of the World: [URL="http://quietlimit.blogspot.com/2010/06/eighth-edition-compiled-notes-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+TheQuietLimitOfTheWorld+%28The+Q uiet+Limit+of+the+World%29"]http://quietlimit.blogspot.com/2010/06/eighth-edition-compiled-notes-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+TheQuietLimitOfTheWorld+%28The+Q uiet+Limit+of+the+World%29[/URL]
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Confirmed: Monstrous Infantry which ogres are classed as replace the "5 model across" rule for "3 model across". likewise they receive the Horde special rule with 6 models across. They also have the "Stomp" Special rule. Which is a ASL Automatic hit at models str in addition to their normal attacks. They also receive upto 3 attacks per model from the second rank instead of the usual 1.

That means 3 attacks from the 3nd rank if you have 6 across. Ouch!

Grand Provost Marshal

Between the Bow Volley rules, and the 2-ranks-attack, I think my Kossars just got a lot better!

Quote Originally Posted by wbravenboer View Post
    What will the new magic rules mean for vampires? And is there some mention about army book specific magic (VC, DE, HE, OK),
    will the main book overrule the army codex for instance?
    but so far it sounds like we will be having a completely new game! Sounds very cool!
    The Army Books override the Rulebook, except for the very sepcific example of Army Composition.

Quote Originally Posted by ikew View Post
    To anyone who can answer:

How do the allies rules work? Are they intended to link the armies of two or more players or do they permit armies composed from multiple army books? What are the limitations?

Would love to include some men and dwarfs in my Wood Elf army... Any info appreciated.
    The allies rules do not technically allow for you to use more than one army book for making your list. What they do is give you special rules based on what type of "alliance" you have in a team game. The three types are Trusted, Suspicious, and Desperate. For example, if you are in a Trusted Alliance of Empire and Dwarves, you can both can use either General for his leadership via inspiring presence. If you are in a Desperate Alliance of Empire and Dark Elves, you wouldn't be able to.

The Alliances are based around Order and Destruction, with TK and OK being neutral.

I may not have read the rulebook the whole way through, but it does not have any rules specific to races. it has things like hatred and that of course. nothing specific though.
    Overall i like the new rules, everything hurts more. EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    I may not have read the rulebook the whole way through, but it does not have any rules specific to races. it has things like hatred and that of course. nothing specific though.
    Overall i like the new rules, everything hurts more. EVERYTHING.
    I pretty much read the whole small book cover to cover and besides the Alliance rules, the only thing I saw was the Dwarf dispel rules (No extra dice, but +2 to dispel attempts) and the fact that when casting a Lore of Beasts spell on any unit in the Beastmen book you get a bonus.

Veteran-Sergeant

Is there anything that discounts units that in the army book say "Does not count towards minimum (slot) choice"? Other wise if those still don't count with the percentage system, I think my wife got duped into buying those chaos furies...

Quote Originally Posted by Beta_Ray_Bill View Post
    Is there anything that discounts units that in the army book say "Does not count towards minimum (slot) choice"? Other wise if those still don't count with the percentage system, I think my wife got duped into buying those chaos furies...
    You got me...I seem to recall something on this written, but have since returned the book I was borrowing.

I believe they still do not count towards the 25% minimum you are required to have, but don't quote me on that :/

Chaplain

I got to take a look today and was very reluctant to let it go!

Some of the magic items in particular entertained me:
    - Wizarding Hat (100pts) Wearer is a Level 2 Wizard and Stupid
    - Foldable Fortress (100pts?) Place a fortress or similar in your deployment zone
    - Terror Mask of Eee! (?pts) You are Terrifying!

It's more the naming of those items, and the concept of the fortress that I find amusing.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast