BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Default [E3] Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine teaser/trailer

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnfniAbzYX8[/url]
    Last edited by Melissia; 06-15-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: changed title
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks cool, but so did the last one.

I want gameplay, dangit!

Abbess Sanctorum

It looks decent enough. Probably better than most 3PS games I've played (But then I cordially dislike 3PS as a genre, with a few exceptions such as 3PS horror games and ones with other gimmicks which I enjoy, such as Red Faction: Guerrilla ).
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Looks meh to me. I wan't impressed at all. Maybe becuase I have no idea what it's suppose to be. Is it a first person shooter, 3rd person shooter? Is it just shooting and nothing else?

As I said, looks meh compared to all the other new first shooter games coming out, graphics look dated. While I rather have game play over graphics anyday, that dosn't really matter then.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

I'm ready to lay down my dollars right now!
    Respects, Emperorsaxe

Looks good enough for me but big questions still loom: Online multiplayer? Release date? etc. any ideas/ news?

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Looks meh to me. I wan't impressed at all. Maybe becuase I have no idea what it's suppose to be. Is it a first person shooter, 3rd person shooter? Is it just shooting and nothing else?
    ... so you didn't actually watch it?

1: It's obviously a third person shooter given the gameplay shown.
    2: There was more than just shooting, as there were several melee animation sshown.

Chapter-Master

It looks to me like Gears of War, with less focus on cover and more on melee. Which, if they do a good job, could be a very good thing. We'll see as more info comes out.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I liked the look of it- though I'm still not sure of the action of the bolter rounds. Also, the in-game lighting seems to be more reminiscent of 2nd edition (Just me- I picture 40k more dark and drab and... depressing than that)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    ... so you didn't actually watch it?

1: It's obviously a third person shooter given the gameplay shown.
    2: There was more than just shooting, as there were several melee animation sshown.
    Yes I did watch it. Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 are playes as first person, but can be played as 3rd person view as well. I think the game would be better as a 1st person instead of 3rd person view. Maybe it's both, but just focused on the 3rd person view.

Agian it was Meh. I like the MMO that was impressive though, and even though I don't like MMO, I will keep my eye on this one till more facts are out. If it's a subscription base then it's a no buy for me.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast