BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Brief look at the new warhammer rulebook

Ok so today i managed to get a glance at the new rulebook, and i mean a glance literally a few pages but i thought i would share the information that i do know.

1 - movement - units can move forwards, backwards and sideways. in basic they have simplified the backwards or sideways shuffle. units can move backwards but only by a certain percentage of their move (either a quarter or a half sorry again was a brief glance) you can do this now but literally u can jsut measure backwards or sidways non of the whole wheel or reform move the wheel back etc. so not much change but a nice simpification.

Can wheel as before normally.

can march as normal but enemies within 8 inches cause you to take a leadership test. this happens like fanatics as soon as you move within 8 inches you must test or so it seemed to imply ( i would take this with some salt as i wnted to read the whole section thoroughly to fully understand this one)

monsters and characters can pivot on the spot without penalty but characters have had their 360 line of sight reduced to 90 degrees.

Fleeing - fleeing through and enemy unit results in a dangerous terrain test on roles of a one u take a wound. only the models moving through take the hit, so if their is an overlap or your uni is alot wider only the models that run directly through the other uni get hit.

magic - power dice decided by 2d6, to a maximum of 12. additional dice can be generated by wizards if they roll a 6, or by magic items, but the maximum amount can never exceed 12. dispell dice is generated by the highest of the 2d6 roll for the power dice. so magic phase of player 1 he rolls 2d6 gets a 4 and a 5 so in toal gets 9 power dice. player two gets 5 dispell dice.

Miscasts - lets jsut say msot result in woudns or lots of death. (can;t remember specifics)

ok so not alot i'm afraid, but i thought you guys might like to have a gander.

Chaplain

Seems interesting...
    Hopefully we'll have the Black Box at my local Retailer tomorrow (Saturday, 12th June) so I'll see if I can get a look in. I suppose living in the country that gets to the new day first is a perk.
    PS, that's New Zealand. The other pacific Islands don't count.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Yeh being in the UK (home of GW) has its perks sometimes too lol

It was only a chance really, i popped in yesterday and the store full timer was hunched over it on the till with a crowd round him which he kept trying to disperse. thats why only got a few snippets. he wasn't even meant to get it out really was for him to take home read and get to know so that he is ready for the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    Seems interesting...
    Hopefully we'll have the Black Box at my local Retailer tomorrow (Saturday, 12th June) so I'll see if I can get a look in. I suppose living in the country that gets to the new day first is a perk.
    PS, that's New Zealand. The other pacific Islands don't count.
    They will have it on Monday They are tight Lipped about this

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    They will have it on Monday They are tight Lipped about this
    Yeah seriously. When 40k 5th ed came out there was so much stuff available that we did some pseudo games using what was solid rumors (true los, new cover rules, run, no consolidating into new assaults, s4 def weapons ect) and stuff from the WD that came out right before hand.

I like these rumors so far and it has this exclusively 40k player of 4 years ready to dive into the new edition.
    letsagetabitarockin!

lol its funny you should say that, because looking at the rumor round up so much of it is true its unreal. Tight lipped on this one definitely hasn't happened. there are for definite a few rumors that are utter rubbish, but the majority are at least in the same ball park if not a little bit off the truth.

Fly Lord

Yup, agreed addamsfamily, that is why we're locking down the WFB rumors at this point until the real book is in people'
    s hands. It won't be long now.

Also, were you looking at the big fancy hardcover?
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-11-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Too bad the 2010 price increase put an end to my plans for my first WHFB army.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Too bad the 2010 price increase put an end to my plans for my first WHFB army.
    I do not see that as Almost Nothing in Fantasy went up almost all price increases were 40K

Chaplain

Seems quite nice so far, that random element for power dice could really destabalize some armies.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast