BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

i really excetied about this new edtion because started it a few years ago but 40k just had more fun and it was less complex so i hoping with this rule set to get in to fanscty. do you think it will change the game that much or is it just minor changes?? hopeful to get a look at the new book next week

Battle-Brother

Default 8th ed

Well I can confirm that army organization is based on percentages, must have minimum 3 core units, and you can only have 2 (duplicates) of any one rare unit. Also, there is a disclaimer note that says the 8th edition rules for organization overrule any and all army books. Core must contain at minimum 25% of army, heros/lords up to 25%, etc. I think for larger armies it increases slightly. This is based on a 2500pts army list. Oh, they also have rules for "special" buildings like haunted mansions etc. Can't wait to see the large hard back book (the ones the stores got are the small paperback ones you get in the starter game box set: rules only).

Update: I misunderstood the 3 core unit thing. It's "Must have minimum 3 non-character units". Sorry! Also they have rules for a dwarf airship! Still no rules for sea battles though.
    Last edited by 3dken; 06-17-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by 3dken View Post
    Well I can confirm that army organization is based on percentages, must have minimum 3 core units, and you can only have 2 (duplicates) of any one rare unit. Also, there is a disclaimer note that says the 8th edition rules for organization overrule any and all army books. Core must contain at minimum 25% of army, heros/lords up to 25%, etc. I think for larger armies it increases slightly. This is based on a 2500pts army list. Oh, they also have rules for "special" buildings like haunted mansions etc. Can't wait to see the large hard back book (the ones the stores got are the small paperback ones you get in the starter game box set: rules only).
    Very nice information, except the Rare thing.
    If it's based upon a 2500pt list... man that could be a killer.

Any specifics? Moar & plx.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Fly Lord

Thank you for that 3dken!

Keep it coming guys, only real confirmed first-hand info, and comments on it please.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Umm yeah if any of you guys have seen the rule book odds are the staff member responsible will soon be fired.

At least one guy has already gone for simply showing the book. There is no black box for it. Though demo games will start when the countdown time on the site hits zero.

There is so much more awesome stuff in the book... had my first game of it today and will be playing more tomorrow.

You're gonna be blown away... the rumors (I'm not gonna say if their accurate or not) don't even vaguely do justuice to how ****ing amazing 8th ed will be.

Magic is ****ing disgusting I had a level 2 goblin shaman kill 15 dwarf warriors with 1 spell and then an additional 12 with his second.

Quote Originally Posted by Risstalle View Post
    You're gonna be blown away... the rumors (I'm not gonna say if their accurate or not) don't even vaguely do justuice to how ****ing amazing 8th ed will be.

Magic is ****ing disgusting I had a level 2 goblin shaman kill 15 dwarf warriors with 1 spell and then an additional 12 with his second.
    o_O;;;;;;;

Tell us how!

As for the other confirmed facts, I love the changes to the force org. Fantasy needed a change, just like 40k did. The rare issue is a bit extreme but it will force people to take more blocks of men, which is a good thing regardless.

Chaplain

Waaah! It turns out that we're not getting our black box until next weekend, and it is debatable whether it even contains a rulebook. I guess that means this'll be the place for confirmations.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    I do not see that as Almost Nothing in Fantasy went up almost all price increases were 40K
    But if I want to continue feeding my 40K addiction, something has to give. Besides, last time they did a price increase, they raised the prices on half, then waited a few months before finishing with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Risstalle View Post
    Umm yeah if any of you guys have seen the rule book odds are the staff member responsible will soon be fired.

At least one guy has already gone for simply showing the book. There is no black box for it. Though demo games will start when the countdown time on the site hits zero.

There is so much more awesome stuff in the book... had my first game of it today and will be playing more tomorrow.

Yeah, I have seen the book...several times...through several different people, all of whom would indeed be fired if their identities were revealed. Thats why I'm trying to hide from the Illuminati haha...

I will go ahead and say that aside from the stuff I have already confirmed in this and other threads, MOST of the rumors that are swirling around at this point are in fact pretty accurate. However, some aren't...and it will be funny to see how this "hands on only" thread ends up come Tuesday...

It was a noble effort though BigRed
    Last edited by CitizenZero; 06-12-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Battle-Brother

Default 8th ed

They also have some rules for monsters/creatures.....can you say "sea monsters", yeah they have rules for using sea creatures - like they can swim through rivers and streams as if on open ground. BUT, alas, no rules on sea battles. Well at least not in the mini rule book, we'll have to wait and see if they do anything in the full hardback book. I think there was some big improvements in the spell lists (types of magic), but what do I care, I play Skaven! hahaha!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast