BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Momo Tzeentch Chaos Marine build

I would like to take my Chaos Marine army and make it an all Tzeentch list in light of the new Magnus book but without including Magnus all ideas appreciated (All preferable discipline of Tzeentch):

Models avalible (new model can be bought)

3 x 9 Thousnad Sons
    1 Choas Exaulted Sorcerer either on or off disc (could count as Ahriman)
    35 Cultists with Autoguns (2 have flamers)
    1 Terminator Sorcerer of no specific rank (combi melta)

Veteran-Sergeant

Take a CAD Detachment

HQ: Exalted Sorcerer on Disk with Astral Grimoire (joined to cultists below)
    Troops: 35 Cultists (Mark of TZ?), 10 Thousand Sons (to get Soul Reaper Cannon), (Add a Squad of 5 Thousand sons if you want more?).
    Take a couple of Heavy Support Choices e.g. Predators etc. to deal with armour (to buy).

Or:

Take as War Cabal Formation (Part of Grand Coven Detachment).
    Need 2x Exalted/Normal Sorcerers, 1-3 T Sons, 1 Squad of Scarabs (to buy).
    Add in Demon Engines/Armoury as bought.
    Add an Allied Detachment of: Sorcerer & Cultists (Like CAD above)? so you could add in other items e.g. havocs, Raptors, Bikes, Spawn Etc.

Chaplain

So what are the points cost on these lists ? And it would seem you are a brave lad given that a lot of the comments I have seen lately suggest Chaos Marines are "Nerfed". Not quite sure why that would be the case given their bog standard base unit of marines is the same as normal space marines. And while I note that a lot of the assault power has been removed, that is not a lot different to other armies. I like the look of the Cultists but they always seemed a liability to me in as much as they could give your enemy first kill if you are not careful.