BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I play Cron's and Tau so I don't have any Super Units par say....

But for most Useful I'll go Lord with Veil for the Crons. The added mobility is awesome for many tricks.

And

Pathfinders. Yeah they are fragile but the markerlights tie together the whole army. And the rail rifles make Marines squirm.

Chapter-Master

Psyker Battle Squad. Love it's power and versatility.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Sergeant

Plague Marines. 110%

Battle-Brother

I'd have to agree that a tac squad in a rhino is a very useful unit. For my Necrons I'd have to go with Immortals, lots of shots and survivability.

Veteran-Sergeant

My veteran squad in my IG army, not only do they look like Helghast but they held an objective after winning an assault by a chaos sorcerer and 2 obliterators, my opponent was not happy.

Veteran-Sergeant

For eldar i would say farseers are great as are fire dragons. Actually, every unit just about has its purpose so i love all of them.

CSM i love Nurgle Marines.

IG... Leman Russ

Chaplain

I have a squad of assault terminators -- 5 hammers, 2 claws. Dominates every game.

The trick is, they have a really useful ability to take fire. I don't even use a land raider, I walk them up the board, letting them take all the heat. They almost always take out multiple units even when they are weakened. My last game was against the nids and they claimed double their points in carnifex meat, hehe.

Since adding this unit to my army I've found that zen place where my list sits in perfect concert with the units I use, and their absorption of that fire makes the entire rest of the army twice as viable and effective.

Conversely I have one lascannon named "lucky" who just sucks to an epic degree. Even with the dev sergeant's auspex, Lucky rolls 1s to hit or 1s to pen every. single. time. /sigh

My Sternguard. They consistently Drop Pod in and blow up a tank or two before moving on to beat back some infantry, then run up and claim an objective on the last turn.

Tau Stealth Suits and firewarriors geared for Fish of Fury for the sheer amount of firepower they can put out, and Hammerheads for their flexible railgun.

Battle-Brother

Gaunts + Without number.

It's hilarious to see how many people focus fire on them and ignoring my MC. Then the looks on their faces are priceless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast