BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Abbess Sanctorum

No.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    My Gods!
    I just popped onto the main website this morning (since it's pre-order day).

I was looking forward to this, really looking forward to it.
    But its $90 here in Canada. Ninety-freakin- dollars, plus tax (at 15% that puts it over a hundred). I'm not putting down that kind of money right now, even though this edition looks really fun.

I'll just wait for the Island of Blood release, and hope for a minibook (I mean, only 175 pages are actual rules, the other 300+ are all fluff sections). When I want to spend that kind of money for fluff, I'll go to Black Library, thank you very much.
    Soooo... slightly off topic but I wonder what the cost of living is like over there... I only ask as I was offered a paramedic job which equated to $2 per hour which seems low compared to the £17 ($27) I'm on currently. The fact you're paying £60 for this book makes me slightly suspicious...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Soooo... slightly off topic but I wonder what the cost of living is like over there... I only ask as I was offered a paramedic job which equated to $2 per hour which seems low compared to the £17 ($27) I'm on currently. The fact you're paying £60 for this book makes me slightly suspicious...
    Minimum wage in Ontario is over $10 per hour, and I make more then that. A single day of work would pay for the book.

As for value of the dollar.
    The Canafian dollar is .97 to the American: we're 3% weaker, but are forced to pay nearly a 20% mark-up (and we have generally higher taxes). If the book was $75 here, like it is across the boarder, I'd be a little less cranky.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Ohhhh no you don't! The War Of the Brush is elsewhere.........

Go Back to the 40K forum, The Power of Aldramelech compels you!!!!!!!!!!!
    That...

was damned funny.

Thanks!

Abbess Sanctorum

Even if it does show he has no actual power :P
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Even if it does show he has no actual power :P
    Yeah, but could you imagine what his communion wafers would look like, or his exorcism kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    Minimum wage in Ontario is over $10 per hour, and I make more then that. A single day of work would pay for the book.

As for value of the dollar.
    The Canafian dollar is .97 to the American: we're 3% weaker, but are forced to pay nearly a 20% mark-up (and we have generally higher taxes). If the book was $75 here, like it is across the boarder, I'd be a little less cranky.
    I believe that smuggling across the Canadian / US border is a time honoured tradition... and you may have found a product that has escaped the attention of most of the cartels

I HAVE A SOLUTION! Save the trees, be an E-pirate.

Not that I would condone such behavior of course! But, options are options.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213