BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I agree it's expensive, but it's really no different than ANY other 600 pg. book on the market (in any industry, mind you). Granted, you can get some on Amazon for cheaper due to discount, but I don't think it's that much.

Then again, after getting my first FW book, I realized how high the production quality was, how much time went into crafting every detail of them, and realized they were, in my mind, worth the $60.

Ye gads, that's over $70 Canadian. I was going to use 8th as an entry point into Fantasy, but that just isn't happening.

Seen it, worth it, buying it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

i will 'LOL' if they make the mini-rulebook a 'rules-lite' situation (as they call it, they planned on doing this originally) because then you'd be really screwed.

Veteran-Sergeant

As far as price comparison goes with other large books, I think that is reasonably priced. In fact, for a full color book that's 600 pages that's pretty good compared to some books I had to buy when I was in college. And my college text books weren't half as fun to read However, waiting for it to be cheaper on Ebay is definitely a good option if you low on cash. There is nothing wrong with looking for a deal.
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Veteran-Sergeant

I just pre-ordered the Gamer's Edition, Engineer's Ranging Set, and Battle Magic Cards. There's not a lot to spend your money on when you are in the desert lol.

Combat pay does have its uses.....
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Combat pay does have its uses.....
    Too true lol

Edit: So much for being bored and having a little extra cash on hand. I just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of 8th as well lol
    Last edited by DarkAngelHopeful; 06-15-2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added some extra thougts

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelHopeful View Post
    Too true lol

Edit: So much for being bored and having a little extra cash on hand. I just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of 8th as well lol
    Watch your back mate, make sure you get home to enjoy it all
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

My Gods!
    I just popped onto the main website this morning (since it's pre-order day).

I was looking forward to this, really looking forward to it.
    But its $90 here in Canada. Ninety-freakin- dollars, plus tax (at 15% that puts it over a hundred). I'm not putting down that kind of money right now, even though this edition looks really fun.

I'll just wait for the Island of Blood release, and hope for a minibook (I mean, only 175 pages are actual rules, the other 300+ are all fluff sections). When I want to spend that kind of money for fluff, I'll go to Black Library, thank you very much.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast