BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 24000 pts apocalypse - tips?

In a few weeks time we will be playing a major apocalypse game, 6 players, 4000 pts each,
    tyranids/eldar versus IG/SM
    The tyranids will be fielding a Hierophant and a barbed Hierodule,
    the imperiums has at least 3 baneblades, a stormlord and a shadowsword.
    I will be playing IG, especially the hierophant has me scared, and of course a lot of trygons, mawlocs and
    beasties will be coming along...
    Are there some people who can give me and my mates some pointers to deal with the bio-titan or some tactical advice?

hierophant hates lascannons
    hierodules hate krak missiles and batlecanons

kill the 'dule first as it has comparatively high shooting power for its low survivability.

rest is just like any other game. if you defeat them in detail you also defeat them in the whole.

if you want to really bug the bugs get some destroyer weapons (imperial titans / laser weaponry) and a decent shield of small tanks so their hierophant cannot get it.

Chapter-Master

Make an Imperitor Class Titan from cardboard, and watch your opponents remove several square feet worth of models all at a time
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

that is a great idea!
    I have a warhound titan, but still in the box, it is a beautiful model, that deserves some time to make it into the killer it will be!
    It is an idea to get some covering units, like sentinels, to try to protect the big tanks against those deep striking units?
    Chances are that our Space marine player will use a lot of devastators and drop-pods to hammer the big ones, as our super-heavies will be blasting big chunks of tyranids... the heavy AP2 weapons will be aimed at those titans, it will be a matter of when those things will come in close contact, then it is probably 'game over'...

24,000pts!

My advice.. RedBull lots and lots of RedBull. It's going to be a long day....

As someone who has played a 10k myself. Make sure you have lots a blast templates vs nids.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    My advice.. RedBull lots and lots of RedBull. It's going to be a long day....
    Great advice. My recommendation would be Mountain Dew though, since energy drinks taste nasty and make you crash hard.
    Last edited by Mike X; 06-14-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Librarian

As someone who has taken part in a 50k game, let me give you a few pieces of advice:
    - Give yourself fun time based objectives to give people a reason to not just give up and go to lunch each 30 mins. The Imperial Guard have a Thermal Detonation Device (tm) that'll blow up the planet, for example, which could be shown as a linked set of CSM Doomsday Devices. Give bonuses to sides for completing the objectives.
    - Definitely need to be sure about the procedure you and your opponents are using. Who moves whom? Who responds? etc.
    - Bring loads of assets. Seriously. Scheduled Bombardments can help to thin out the tide early on so that you or your opponent don't have to worry about the full 24k pts. :P
    - The last Apoc game I played (10k pts) I brought about 24 cans of coke, 2 pies, and a cake. Mmmm, cake.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Oddly enough I just went through a huge apocalypse game. 45000pts on the table, all painted, 7 players, 8 hours...

Also wrote an article about it!

[url]http://deathbridgewarhammer.blogspot.com/2010/06/apocalypse-and-things-ive-learned.html[/url]

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by wbravenboer View Post
    that is a great idea!
    It is an idea to get some covering units, like sentinels, to try to protect the big tanks against those deep striking units?
    Just cover the flanks with more tanks. Seriously.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast