BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Chapter-Master

Default Rogue One - Continuity Errors - ***** Spoilers!!! ******

I've just been to see Rogue One. And I've got to say, that was epic. Much better than Episode VII. Was everything I think a Star Wars movie should be.

But there were a couple of weird errors in it.

Firstly - stuff different from the trailers, to the film. I found one video which listed them all - there was 17 bits missing from the trailers, most noticeably, a bit when Jen is on a high up platform and is confronted by a TIE fighter. Completely absent. Also, see Forrest Whitakers hair cut. Buzz cut in trailers, dreads in film. WTF?

But on to continuity.

Firstly, C-3PO and R2-D2 on Yavin. Prior to a New Hope. With the rebels. How is that a thing? Given 3PO's comments to Luke in Ep IV - about the Rebellion - the only way that could have happened was another mind wipe between R1 and Ep IV. But Artoo gave Luke no idea about any of this - remember Ep III says Artoo avoids the mind wipes.

But the biggy for me...

The Corellian Corvette, with Princess Leia on, escapes from a Rebel Flagship. With Darth Vader in hot pursuit. Implying most heavily that it immediately leads onto Ep IV.

How would Leia be able to claim in Ep IV she was on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan? The Corvette dropped out the bottom of a flagship taking part in a full-on assault on an Imperial planet.

Makes no sense to me, your thoughts?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

She very well could have been on one and got swept up in ecents. The one dude said he was gonna go back to Alderaan so mebbe she tagged along. Same with the droids. She coulda wiped em in between Vaders butt kicking and IV.

Didnt a whack loada bothan spies die to get the plans? Or was that the second one?

All in all, loved it. Felt authentic from the get-go, everything VII shoulda been.

Chapter-Master

Not seen it, but from the trailers, the preview articles and what people have said, it feels like they've used part of the plot from "Rebel Dawn" the third book of the Han Solo trilogy from the books. That ended set at the beginning of new hope and set up the events for Vader pursuing Leia's ship.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Loved the movie!!
    As far as the trailers go I noticed this on the Deadpool movie as well, certain scenes where different in the trailer than the movie, I think its cool, the trailers have some awesome scenes that don't end up spoiling the movie for you.

Worst part of the movie is Vaders pun "Don't choke on your ambitions" thats right up there with the final scene of ep.3 just bad.
    Yeah there was a definite lack of Bothans in the film, I can guess what will be edited out of a new hope for the next release, lol.
    And as far as rolling straight into the 4th movie, I guess that means the senate dissolves right after Tarkin gets his mitts on the DeathStar.

Brother-Captain

The Bothans died getting plans for the second Death Star, not the first. So that one isn't a continuity error.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    The Bothans died getting plans for the second Death Star, not the first. So that one isn't a continuity error.
    Ah, thats the one then.
    Looks like those lucky Bothans still get to die, I wouldn't mind seeing that movie too.
    Also wouldn't mind seeing one aboot Kessel. Just wanna see how they do the spice spiders.