BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Book is Incredible I have the thing and it is sweet as Hell color pics and great design

I am a bit torn. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition, but after getting some good hands on time with the hardcover, I know I will want to read through it more than once.

So I am thinking of pre-ordering a regular book as well :/

In my opinion, once you see the stuff that is included in the hardcover that isn't in the softcover...the value skyrockets. The rules make up only about 1/3 of the full book, and wind up being the least interesting part to me...I want all 3 versions!

I ordered a Collectors and Gamers edition for that very reason. I will almost certainly get the starter set if it includes High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenZero View Post
    I am a bit torn. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition, but after getting some good hands on time with the hardcover, I know I will want to read through it more than once.

So I am thinking of pre-ordering a regular book as well :/

In my opinion, once you see the stuff that is included in the hardcover that isn't in the softcover...the value skyrockets. The rules make up only about 1/3 of the full book, and wind up being the least interesting part to me...I want all 3 versions!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I ordered a Collectors and Gamers edition for that very reason. I will almost certainly get the starter set if it includes High Elves.
    You spared no expense! :P
    I don't think I am going to do the Gamers Ed on this...the shoulder bag isn't as useful to me as the 40k Ammo Box was...and I don't fancy myself ever using those dice. I will pick up the Templates and Counters though...they look awesome...

I want to get the Battle Magic cards too!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm not sure if everyone is aware that there is a contest to win a 3,000 point army from GW. If this is old news to you, then great, if not here is the link.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=10500131a[/url]

You can also receive one of 200 signed posters if you have spent 150 pounds as of 15 June 2010.
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

I myself an avid "get it in the battle box" rulebook kind of guy since 4th ed 40k, am looking forward to getting this standard version of the Fantasy rulebook.

While its true the heavy duty tomes are intimidating I find myself still going back to my older large books vs my smaller ones which basically become useless after the edition changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Strivos View Post
    I myself an avid "get it in the battle box" rulebook kind of guy since 4th ed 40k, am looking forward to getting this standard version of the Fantasy rulebook.

While its true the heavy duty tomes are intimidating I find myself still going back to my older large books vs my smaller ones which basically become useless after the edition changes.
    Great point. For anyone interested in lore, models, etc the BRB are infinitely more useful and "worth it".

Maybe its only use people who will sit and read them just for fun, but I know I get more usage out of the BRBs than any other GW purchase I make.

Quite. The BRB isn't just the rulebook, it is the foundation for the entire hobby, hence the lore, painting and modelling section.

Quote Originally Posted by Torcano View Post
    Great point. For anyone interested in lore, models, etc the BRB are infinitely more useful and "worth it".

Maybe its only use people who will sit and read them just for fun, but I know I get more usage out of the BRBs than any other GW purchase I make.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

I took a look at the book at the store yesterday, and I think it's worth every penny! I want one and I don't even play fantasy...yet. I'm definitely the type of person who doesn't mind paying more for a good product and it's nice to too see an increase in production value to go along with the inevitable price increase. It's only $20 more than the 40k rulebook, and will gladly pay that or more if the next edition of 40k gets the same treatment.

I decided to go ahead and just get a collectors edition. The more I thought about it, the more I kept thinking it's it's more than likely I am going to read the thing over and over. I can play/have rules now, instead of in September, and have a nice non grimy copy of the rules to read at home. Now I need to stop coming to this website and looking at all the reviews and posts about it. I'm excited about this edition and can't wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast