BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Forces of the Aeronautica Imperialis

Im looking for some help understanding how I can use the new formation out of the Agents of the Imperium book. I must be misunderstanding something here, and I hope a veteran can help me out.

This is taken directly from the official GW FAQ page:

Q: Can units that are Battle Brothers embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
    A: No.
    Q: Can units from two Detachments with the same Faction embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment? A: Yes.

In the Agents of the Imperium book it states on page 35 that each units faction is shown as a symbol. In this case the faction is "Aeronautica Imperialis". So, being that the Forces of the Aeronautica Imperialis are their own faction, what could I possibly choose to embark on a valkyrie other than the formations optional officer of the fleet? Am I missing something here, because I would like to embark a unit of astra militarum veterans , but as i understand it, they are a different faction (Astra Militarum) and cannot be embarked during deployment. The valkyrie is not a dedicated transport, and is essentially its own faction and flyers always start in reserve so...

Librarian

Unfortunately, the only unit that can deploy into the Aeronautica Imperialis Valkyrie is the 'Office of the fleet' as he is the only model with the same faction.
    And since the Valkyrie has to begin the game in reserves due to being a Flyer, the only way to get a unit inside is to enter from reserves in Hover mode and then pick up a unit.
    So it is pretty much just a gunship. I'm bummed as I really wanted to use it to ferry around some Sisters.
    They could have added a simple line that said, any unit that is Armies of the Imperium may begin the game deployed inside.

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I'm bummed as I really wanted to use it to ferry around some Sisters.
    Yea, I have a 10 sisters of silence painted up and was hoping the book would give them a transport option.

Plan B for me is to join them with an inquisitor who has the liber heresius for the scout rule.

Librarian

New FAQ just clarified that the Imperial Aeronautica Valkyrie can transport AM/IG, Tempestus and Inquisition units as if they were all the same faction.

[url]https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/[/url]

Thanks for posting this up, I completely missed it.