BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

It's nigh-impossible to get melee to look right in first person view, so you should really expect it to be third person, except maybe if you have to snipe (Which isn't likely).
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Edited: Bah, wrong game.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-15-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Heh, maybe in the MMO. Probably not here, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

people don't forget that leaked tester from the THQ Australia team...If I remember correctly, the commentator/designer says that melee goes into a special camera mode or something. I understood this from what I saw as a (good) ******* child of bullet-time and cinematic cut sceens. Could be interesting as a concept. However, this WAS only in a test/draft of the game from two years ago(?).

As for the first person shooting, etc. on the valkyrie fight snippit, there is first person shooting a la Call of Duty/medal of honour special/heavy machine gun on vehicle look about it all.

I suppose the wait is still on for August for Gamescon (or whatever THQ says the next big thing is on their website :P)

Just my centime's worth

Chaplain

That version of the game from two or three years ago was scrapped and the game was remade by a different studio.

The game is actually an action rpg(according to the e3 2009 interviews), not a shooter, so it will be more in line with the likes of devil may cry etc with lots of wargear and customisation etc.

I think it looks ace so far, they seem to have captured the brutality of 40k nicely, and it looks both smooth and very fast paced. Just what I wanted! Also the scenes in the sky look very interesting

Yeah love the scene where the marines are looking across to the strike cruiser, awesome stuff can't wait for this one.
    Respects, Emperorsaxe

Veteran-Sergeant

Why do boltguns sound like regular machine guns?! I know its small but Boltguns shoot bolter rounds which are basically self propelled rockets! It should sound menacing not just a basic machine gun noise.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknightIII View Post
    Why do boltguns sound like regular machine guns?! I know its small but Boltguns shoot bolter rounds which are basically self propelled rockets! It should sound menacing not just a basic machine gun noise.
    It's like the scene in the original Matrix where Neo kills some agents with the[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3JDtqHaVM&feature=related"] minigun[/URL] on their helicopter. The minigun sounds just like a normal machine gun. Here's what a minigun really sounds [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHMbN_epe4"]like[/URL].
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Audiences think they know what a machine gun sounds like. If all of a sudden that big machine gun sounds like a bean eating giant breaking wind into a tin bath at the bottom of a cave, they get confused. Thats the excuse, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's like the scene in the original Matrix where Neo kills some agents with the[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3JDtqHaVM&feature=related"] minigun[/URL] on their helicopter. The minigun sounds just like a normal machine gun. Here's what a minigun really sounds [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHMbN_epe4"]like[/URL].
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Nice analogy, Eldargal.

I personally think the game looks reasonable, and that Ultrasmurf haters should relax. The Ultramarines were 'randomly' chosen as an example.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast