BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Daemons Gaming Aides

So Daemon players know the struggles of playing with so many random things to remember before the game begins. What do you do/recommend to stay organized? Any templates you made to keep track? Trying to make something on MS Word but not very good at temple making.

I use Army Builder to make my roster and print it off for each battle. Then I make notes, on things like Warlord traits, powers, etc.

I've also made little spell tokens out of old bases to put next to my models if they have an ongoing spell effect, like Iron Arm or Invisibility.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chaplain

I replied to a similar question in the Tactics forum.

I have cards for the special rules in play with ref to page and codex or rule book, it saves on looking up the books all the time.

I have a secondary sheet that lists what psychic powers I run for each unit that game, (And lists the basic game prep stuff, role for WL traits, psychic power, infiltrate, scout move etc..) All my warlocks have a symbol so I know which one has what and what I can't use anymore after casualties.

And in the game always roll from left to right in each phase for the unit actions. The only exception is in psychic phase, where I roll for powers from senior to junior, i.e. Spiritseer to Warlock.

I use markers like a little blue gem for spirit marking or an old flamed blip for soulburn and skulls for hull points.

I still bugger it up on occasion though. Usually when I get excited over a ridiculously successful charge. I sometimes forget I have more than one happening and you have to complete all the charges before CC.