BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Rogue Trader returns.

As part of 40k's 30th Anniversary, GW have reprinted (from scans of the original) Rogue Trader.

[url=https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2016/12/27/from-the-archives-warhammer-40000-rogue-trader/]It's true, check it[/url]

You can get your grubby, sweaty mitts on it for the first time at the New Year's Open Day at Warhammer World. But, as per the article, expect copies to be available there throughout the year, and at select events.

Next up that way in June, and I may pick it up. Am also giving consideration to writing a nice letter, politely asking if perhaps PDF/e-reader versions of the Rogue Trader era expansion books might be a possibility. Being a bit of a luddite (totes clever though, just not at tech) I've no idea of the costs and practicalities of such a thing, but I'm fairly sure they'd sell - just a question of whether or not they'd sell well enough. I dare say such a thing would have a wider appeal than nostalgia, as it would also provide people still playing that version (I know they're out there!) with a totally legitimate source for books they may have missed, and an effective way to not destroy their existing hardbacks through use.

Mystery Industries Hobbyist General Warning.

The new availability of Rogue Trader may lead to Hobby Hipsters in your area procuring a book out of print long before they were born, and claims that it's always been their favourite version of the rules and clearly better than everything else and contains no spelling errors whatsoever and was in fact a beautifully written tome of tightly written rules and not a much revered but undeniably unholy mess which nevertheless somewhat revolutionised hobby wargaming.

Mystery Industries accepts no responsibility for a bearded goon bending your ear of these matters
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 12-29-2016 at 05:07 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

If it is bound better than the originals - my first softback fell apart and my hardback has a couple loose - then I will buy one... I'm really interested in what else is coming out, as a concept - the made to order inquisitors in terminator armour have given me hope for a lot of old goodies to reappear.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I guess more specific questions might help guide their hand in that matter?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It only counts as a faithful reproduction if the entire thing falls apart. I took a flip through mine the other day while shuffling around my 40K bookshelf and it's in surprisingly poor shape. PDFs of many of the old books have been available for years through shady means. Somebody at GW could just download one of those and clean up the bad pages!