BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Does the 7th Ed rulebook override Escalation book?

I know in the FAQ it says the rulebook overrides stronghold assault. But does it also override escalation?

In the escalation book it states if one player brings a Lords of War and his opponent does not. Then his opponent gets the following benefits:
    1. +1 to seize the initiative
    2. 3 VPs for every 3 wounds/hull points lost by LoW
    3. Can roll on the escalation warlord traits table

These are some really really strong perks given by the escalation book and to my knowledge it applies to any game of 40k where 1 player brings a LoW and the other doesnt. Seems like an unfair advantage considering that models like Dante, Immotek, Ghazghkull etc etc etc are Lords of War, so if you take one of these guys your opponent gets some powerful boons for no reason (as if paying 200+ pts for these units wasnt enough)

So i want to know if those rules are still in effect or not, and is anyone following them (every now and then i watch youtube battle reports and never see players use these additional rules) i'm curious what's legal and what isnt.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Veteran-Sergeant

It depends on which book was released most recently. The rule book is the default rules, but a newer book will supersede the core rule book. Escelation came out after the rule book, so it should over ride whatever is in the Rule book.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Chaplain

They cover this in the Escalation FAQ:

[url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Escalation_ver_1.1.pdf[/url]

Basically, you only use the Escalation special LOW rules when playing the specific Escalation missions.