BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Isn't the tank 'firing'. Because the model technically isn't on the table, so the tank is firing the weapon. In this case the fire point is the point of origin, and you touch the model with the flame template.

Strictly speaking, no, the tank isn't firing. Page 66 consistently speaks of the passenger model doing the firing.

So how would that affect a Razorback w/ Heavy Flamer. Is it from the weapon or hull?

Veteran-Sergeant

It's from the weapon. Remember, the firer is always touched by the template, but at no time is the firer ever effected by the template weapon itself.

In point of fact, the only turreted flamer vehicle that actually does have a conflict with the brb is the Sisters of Battle Immolator, which has two widely spaced heavy flamers firing as one. Per the rules, the template needs to be placed against the weapon muzzle, but which one? A common solution is to hold the template between the two muzzles; however, per the brb, we should first placing the template against each muzzle to determine which hits the most enemy models, then use that specific muzzle for the actual attack.

SJ

Brother-Sergeant

I could be wrong, (it happens a lot), but isn't the "range" measured from the hull of the vehicle anyway?

Chapter-Master

no, the the range is measured from the gun (for the tank) and from the firepoint (for the passenger).

Brother-Sergeant

I knew it was from the gun but didn't know/couldn't remember about firepoints, which man a certain Ork playing friend of my mine has been taking a slight advantage with his unit of 10 burnas in a trukk

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
    I knew it was from the gun but didn't know/couldn't remember about firepoints, which man a certain Ork playing friend of my mine has been taking a slight advantage with his unit of 10 burnas in a trukk
    Trukks are open-topped so there are no fire points. You can just simply measure from the edges of the vehicle.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Strictly speaking, no, the tank isn't firing. Page 66 consistently speaks of the passenger model doing the firing.
    Yes, the model with the template weapon is firing, but the tank is the model from which the shooting occurs from, not the model with the Template weapon. In this case, the initial model touched by the template is the tank, and is unharmed by the weapon firing.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
    10 Burnas in a trukk!!! Shoooooooot that thing!! Don't let it get near U!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast