BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

- - - Updated - - -

And my infinity Morats

So I have a tournament coming up in three months time. So much to do!

Here's the list of what I need to finish for it:
    5x Warscythe Lychguard
    1x Night Scythe
    10x Scarab Swarms
    6x Wraiths
    2x Tomb Spiders
    3x Tomb blades

Luckly, I have previously assembled the tomb blades and half the scarabs, but all else must be done from the start.

Só today I spent a good amount of time planning and got a few units assembled.

Here are my Wraiths. I dislike the perching position of the official miniatures. I also think they are a tad too big, so I slimmed them down a bit and made them more like a scorpion. My thought is that they impale their victims with the tail and dismember them with their claws.

My first five lychguard. I thought about magnetized weapons, but I lack the time and correct magnets for the job.

Finally, I started assembling my version of the tomb spider. I love the official model but I'm short on cash, so I'll just use my original kitbashed idea.

The tomb spider prototype is ready. It ends up using lots of different kits and parts, but I'm quite happy with the results.

Its gonna be a pain to paint with all these appendages.

I finally have the minnimum requirements to run a Canoptek Harvest!

My first three wraiths

And the Tomb Spider!

Add them to my previous batch of Scarab Swarms and you got a happy little canoptek family!

I also started working on the last of my five Lychguard. This one adds a little dynamism to the bunch as he finishes off a fallen opponent with a Warscythe stab on the chest!

I love the pose of that Lychguard
    "A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt" Lukas Bastonne

Quote Originally Posted by MjrTom View Post
    I love the pose of that Lychguard
    Thanks! It was really fun to do that. I always try to change the pose of 3 out 10 of my infantry to keep the force looking vivd and in action.

I spent a good part of my Sunday assembling and converting this beast!

I haven't done all weapon options yet since I'm dead focused on finishing my tournament list!

I really liked the way it came out. As usual, my vehicles lack a pilot and are all automatons.

I have finally finished these guys! I especially liked the Destroyer death mask and the multi colored staff heads. I still need to improve my airbrushing, but it's getting the job done!

Right now the praetorian forge is hot as ever cranking out the second unit.

I'm also finishing more scarabs, a necron Destroyer Lord and Heavy Destroyer and the Triarch Stalker. I'm getting everyone to the pre-wash status as I'm running out of the Blue Shade from Vallejo and have to both maximize its use and make sure I get the most impacted miniatures washed first. That means the Stalker may sit unfinished for a while as I think it's more important to have a consistent look throughout my infantry line.

I'm finally finished with the Army and have had a few games already. I feel happy about the list and though it's not an ace tier list it should do well in the tournament if I don't make any huge mistakes.

First off, let me share a few pictures of the massed forces for this 1850pts list.

The Destroyer lord leads the Canoptek Wraith unit across the battlefield.

My Zealous Tomb Spider bursts forth from the Ground with repair sub-routines. In the background, the Canoptek Tentilla heavy artillery piece.

The Dakhma Judicators, a caste of warrior-crypteks that wield the fearsome Rod of the Covenants and oversee that the Canoptek constructs oft he Dynasty are performing as intended on the battlefield.

Dakhma Immortals are the elite infantry of the army.

Autharok on his Reaper Raiment commands the forces of Dakhma at the very front of the battle.

The Dakhma Stalker and Heavy Destroyers secure the backline and provide supporting fire for the foot infantry in the mid-field.

Dakhma Canoptek Scarabs show the progress and experiments of the Dakhma Crypteks in their search of the perfect killing machine.

Nasayan, the reaper is the fearsome leader of the Destroyer Cult of Dakhma.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast