BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Arhurt's Conversion corner - Necrons, Chaos and some Infinity

Hi All!

I had a thread on Warseer a long time ago about my original Necron Army. I'm at it again a couple years later and would like to share some of what I'm building.

My goal is to have a unique force, a one of a kind that can get people's attention. The core of that will be done by my vehicle conversions even though I do some minor modifications to my infantry and characters as well.

The backstory of my Dynasty is that one necron Lord, Harut, was tasked with staying awake during the long sleep. He was a master of canoptek engineering and he made modifications to the war protocol of the Dakhma.

Unknow to all, however, madness has overcome Harut as he has fallen slave to another entity. He changed and tampered with the reawakening protocols of his Nemesor and Lords and Harut and his mysterious master have basically seized control of the Dynasty.

With no further delays, lets start with something Juicy.

Dakhma Tomb Blades

Reworked by the Canoptek Lord Harut, the eternal watcher, these Tomb Blades rely more on the skills of the rider than on the computational algorithims of the bike.

You can find Work in Progress pictures at my blog, under the Tomb Blades tag, [URL="http://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/search/label/Tomb%20Blades"]here[/URL].

Also, a few of my characters so far:

Nemesor Mahvan'erel, deathbringer of Dakhma

Harut, the eternal watcher, canoptek lord of Dakhma

Autharok, Dakhma warmaster

Cryptek Havit’yun, harbringer of eternity, master artificer of Dakhma

Voch’ats’um, harbringer of destruction

Dakhma Warriors
    I always try to change the pose of every third or so model so I can break the monotony of the units. The reason behind this is that the Dakhma dynasty has been better maintaned during the great sleep, given that their canoptek Lord was kept awake during it and could tend himself to the stasis protocols. This means that even their warriors have more advanced will and endurance during a fight, though at a risky cost to the entire Dynasty and perhaps, the galaxy itself...

Dakhma Immortals
    I have magnetized my Immortals weapons. I have 10 assembled and painted so far, but only have pictures of the first 5 of the unit with their Tesla Carbines.

Tak'ard the deathmark
    Just as Harut improved every warmachine in the Dakhma arsenal, also did he better equip his assassins. Each Dakhma Deathmark is an independant threat, capable of bringing the power of an entire squad with their enhanced kraken morphology. They connect to a series of Sniper drones that enhance the capabilities of the assassin.

- - - Updated - - -

In the works:

Reclamation oculus
    Instead of deploying Ghost Arks that are capable of repairing necron warriors mid-field, Harut discovered it was much more efficient to phase damaged units back to the closest tombworld for repairs while, at the same time, maintaining an open portal between these endless vault-crypts and the battlefield.

These hovering portals bring forth an endless stream of deadly Necron infantry, pouring forth Gauss flayer fire in a constant barrage of death.

Scarab Swarms:
    I really wanted mine to be actual swarms!

Canoptek Tentilla

The Dakhma Dynasty deploys these instead of monoliths, a single colossal squid-like warmachine that drops from orbit and burrows inside of the earth itself.

Canoptek Tentilla: Doomsday Cannon counts as Doomsday Ark
    One of the tentilla appendages ends up in massive doomsday cannons. Burrowing and emerging from the ground from angles that make any formation by the enemy easily countered by simple redeploying heavy weapons from a different angle.

Canoptek Tentilla: Tesla Destructor counts as Annihilation Barge

Dakhma Wraiths
    i'm still toying with this idea of making my Wraiths more squid-like to follow with the "tentacled menace" theme of the army.

Overlord Reaper Raiment counts-as Catacomb Command Barge
    Harut has also designed these raiments to spec from the influences of the mysterious master of Dakhma. They are meant to be used to harvest their victims, more of a ceremonial garb than a warmachine.

That's all for now, feel free to check some more WiP pictures on my blog: [url=http://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/]Wargaming Rebel[/url]

I just finished three more units for the army, two Rodoks and a spec-ops.

I also managed to finish another Necron Lord for my army. I do love characters...

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy it.

Ive put more work on two more Infinity miniatures. They are a fun break from 40K's bulky models for sure!

I'm taking a break from my Necrons to finish my Infinity Morat so I can play that system as well, I only need 7 more Infinity miniatures and I'll come back to my crons!

I've been very busy with work, but I managed to do a few hobby sessions early in the morning and get these two guys finally done.

That marks my first two miniatures of the year!

I did not have much time to work on the past few weeks, but I managed to get some better photos of the army:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast