BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Plastic Battleboxes!....!!!!!!

[url]http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/06/17/37063[/url]

I was wondering why we hadn't seen the 3rd sculpts for the original casters yet. Turns out they are plastic. I'm impressed by them too! When looking at the warjacks plastics when they first came out the quality was quite nice, but it seemed like the size to which they could scale the components down seemed limited compard to what they were able to acheive with pewter (mind you I haven't seen any of the plastic infantry up close, only jacks). But, knowing that the casters previewed in the Prime MKII are plastic means that there is no problem with scale and that they can still put out awesome sculpts in plastic. Looks like I will have to replace my demo boxes!!! Hopefully the delays that have occured with their plastic kits will be worked out and it'll go back to a more reliable schedule. Though, turning out such a high volume of product in one year is quite impressive!

!!!!

I'm loving this. It's going to be so much easier getting battleboxes done, and so much easier for new players to pick them up and assemble them. Also, the new plastic warcasters are all sorts of brilliant parts of various awesome animals!

Awesome, astounding, amazing news!

Grand Provost Marshal

Awww, sweet! I'm totally going to ... wait...

Nope, no Mercs. Nevermind.

Am I reading this right or is the plastic kit the exact same price as the metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    Awww, sweet! I'm totally going to ... wait...

Nope, no Mercs. Nevermind.
    Are you in the same spot as me? Wanting to buy another Nomad/Mangler/Mule, but holding out in hopes of getting a cooler plastic version someday? We need to see some plastic merc jacks already.

Chapter-Master

I like the look of these, never played Warmachine but I have been curious for a while, plastic boxes are very tempting indeed. Anyone know if a Retribution box is coming? Got to get me some tech elves.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

It would have been truly awesome if they devised different model configurations to give people who already have the metal versions of the models another reason to buy...

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by robertsjf View Post
    Am I reading this right or is the plastic kit the exact same price as the metal?
    Indeed it looks like the Plastics will be the same price as the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I like the look of these, never played Warmachine but I have been curious for a while, plastic boxes are very tempting indeed. Anyone know if a Retribution box is coming? Got to get me some tech elves.
    Unfortunately Retribution won't be getting a box, as is the case with mercs. Since the Retribution lights didn't come out in Plastic originally like the Retribution Heavies, I think they knew then and there that they wouldn't be making a plastic light kit for Retribution, which seems silly to me. But then again playing with little toy soldiers is quite silly.

Retribution is an interesting army, and quite powerful in my own opinion. They have regenerating force fields, which can make it a pain to get through and deal damage to them. Though, once you take down the forcefield, they begin to crumble. While they definitely favor shooting, they are elves after all, they can pack quite a punch in melee, especially with their Arcane Assasins and nasty Character Assasin solos. Best used like a scalpel, surgically stripping away your opponents key parts until their is nothing left but sweet sweet victory!

Chapter-Master

Ok thanks. Given the release of plastic kits, and now the plastic battleboxes, I would guess the ultimate aim is an entirely plastic range, rather like GW? I presume mercs and retribution will get plastics at some point, even if there are no immediate plans, plastic is the sensible way to go.

Are there any decent online resources for info? The official privateer press website isn't terribly good, rather scant on details. It is hard to get an idea of play styles and back story from the brief paragraphs on there.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant

Meh, and I just bought a metal Battlebox for Menoth a month ago..

Just getting into the game myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast