BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Default Aldramelechs Forum Burp

Well, all in all an interesting week here on planet BOLS. Two topics of electronic conversation have been fairly dominant, can you guess which ones?

Lord Azaghuls "Why are 40k players hatings on Paintings scores?" thread developed into a mêlée between those that can and do and those that cant and don't.

Mel summed up the game in one paragraph:

The hobby is about this army of giant douchebags in powered armor running about killing greenskinned mushroom men, while space elves with shuriken-throwing guns run about being emo about their lost race, and the great masses of humanity point flashlights at everyone and yell "boo" to distract from their tanks firing far deadlier ordnance at the "I'm angry at my dad" douchebags and six-breasted daemons out of hell itself. The terminator wannabe army of zombie skeletal robots kills everyone they see, a BDSM variant of space elves survive basically by living in a constant orgy of pain and blood, and blue-skinned space cow / space bird communists are trying to preach peace and cooperation but then get attacked by a bunch of bugs with guns along with everyone else.

And then lost her customary cool thats she so famous for:

Respond to the entire post, rather than a section of it. Strawman arguments piss me off because they are balls to the wall f***ing RETARDED.

The thread now seems to have morphed into a "My analogy is better then yours" competition. I think the best painted analogy should win

Shocking things were going on in the Fantasy Forum with the upcoming release of the 8th edition breeze block.

Stukovkh came out with this gem:

if your married with kids then you shouldn't be playing anyway

Which begs the question "Who's wife are you?" If there is a loose spouse on here we're all in trouble!

Eldergal left hundreds of our younger members in need of a very cold shower when she declared:

I am a special edition whore

Tissue manufacturers rejoiced!

No stranger to controversy I declared:

I'm not paying £50 for a set of rules!

GW immediately reduced the RRP in the UK to £45, you can all thank me later

In the Painting and modeling section Sukigod and Odinsgrandson both produced jaw droopingly fantastic offerings, but which was better? Theres only one way to find out!

Fight

Thats it for this week, see you all next time same time.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Fly Lord

I may get addicted to these roundups...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I probably could have phrased the special edition thing a bit better.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Sweet a Harry Hill pastiche!!!!

(I guess he isn't on the other side of the Atlantic)

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtX-4A69mGo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtX-4A69mGo&feature=related[/URL]

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I probably could have phrased the special edition thing a bit better.
    Nope - seemed just about perfect to me

And I concur with Bigred, maybe save myself lots of time and just read the round-ups!

Chaplain

The FIGHT needs an exclamation mark for maximum effect! Exclamation marks make everything dramatic!

You sir have a gift for brightening up people's weeks.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bryss View Post
    The FIGHT needs an exclamation mark for maximum effect! .
    And silly costumes for the true Harry Hill feel.

Default The Burp

Friday? Really? Where did that week go? Well here's the Burp.....

This week: Denzark's feminine side, Melissia launches all out war on the English language, Eldergal is at it again and after the war to end all wars, Klinesmith invades Poland and starts round two!

The "Something Random I came up with" thread gave us all a good chuckle early in the week, but this being the internet someone completely missed the point and had a sense of humor failure. This caused Denzark to say:

"I saw more intelligent things in my boy's nappy (diaper for the yanks) when I changed it this morning"

Fair one. This intrigued me, a rare glimpse into the private life of Denzark, and who would have guessed he was a domestic goddess? I had to find out more, so I went to get you all an exclusive interview with the man himself! It was a short one......

"What? I haven't got time to talk to you, those floors arn't going to clean themselves and Ive run out of Mr Muscle!"

At this point the Lord High Commissar of Norfolk (Mrs Denzark to some) was seen heading my way, hand on bolt pistol (or maybe it was a rolling pin, I didn't hang about) so I beat a hasty retreat!

Melissia started possibly the most bizarre argument on BOLS ever when she declared:

"you know Sicaruis/Sicarius's helmet is going to be full of wank"

What? Denzark asked for conformation. It then all went down hill rapidly. In an attempt to clean up the potty mouthed thread Denzark then moved the argument to the Oubliette.
    Now all right thinking, upstanding English speakers of the world (and no, that does not include Americans Big Red) know the true meaning of the word. So if you are bored enough to wonder what would happen if you tried to cut your toenails with your modeling knife, head over there and save yourself a trip to hospital:

Not content to rest on her laurels Lady M then opened a second front on our post Anglo Saxon mother tongue in the perhaps ill advised "Breaking the rules/Cheating" thread.

This included some classic Melissia gold!

I don't think I know of any single person who would call me "normal", nor do I feel any shame at this

And wouldn't the world be a dull place if she was BOLS?

Yes, I made a typo. Congratulations, you found out that humans aren't perfect.

Yes that is right, do not adjust your screens, that is Melissia admitting she MAY have made a mistake!

The one woman crusade against the SOB "Haters" continues, check it out..

Not content with last weeks attempt to turn BOLS into the kind of website you wouldn't want your wife to catch you looking at, Eldergal is at it again! In the "Confirmed Warhammer 8th from WD" thread the statuesque saucepot announced:

That all sounds very arousing

Big Red has refused to confirm or deny that the FBI are thinking of slapping a big fat warning on the front of the site.

addamsfamily36 started the lovely, completely non negative, positive "Warhammer-Lets Talk!" thread for all those who are interested in puppies, flowers and being nice to Jervis! But under this facade of international peace and harmony a dark undercurrent was brewing.

Yes, the lost children of the Great British Empire were at it again! And Emperorsmercy accused me of being negative!!!!!!! ME, yes I know, shocking!

CitizenZero kicked it all off by declaring:

"Oh we have Pringles stateside...but we sure as hell don't call them sissy things like "crisps"

Mmmm Melissia lurks behind this me thinks, the Crusade continues!

We immediately retaliated. addamsfamily36 decided to man up, grow a pair and launch himself into combat for the honor of the English race!

"what's sissy about a crisp?"

Well that was impressive wasn't it?

But what is best, Crisps or Potato Chips? There's only one way to find out!

FIGHT!

Klinesmith regailed us with his tale of woe in "A not-so-great beginning to 40k". A man run out of town by bullys with painted armies, *******s!! What he couldnt know was that by posting this innocent tale he would reignite the War of the Brush!

Yes the non painting members once again declared anyone who has ever looked at a paintbrush to be EVILLLL! (Mermaid man voice) And I was forced to barracade myself in the house as Darklink tried to burn me out!

The Fantasy forums started the week quite strongly but have been fairly muted towards the end. Its like they are all taking a really big deep breath in preparation for some huge event. Cant think what that would be...........

In the painting and modeling forum I insist, yes INSIST! that you check out "Painted Abaddon Conversion" by Odinsgranson, "Ork Kopta Force" by Sotonshades, "My finished miniatures" by justice for all and "New Loyalist Chapter" by evcameron.

Sukigod's Ork Waaagh! Log is already required reading and if you haven't then shame on you!

Thats it. See you next week! (Providing the M creature doesn't get me first!)
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 06-25-2010 at 02:56 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

I don't even remember writing that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I don't even remember writing that.
    Aldramelech never sleeps and is always watching

Im trying to figure out a way to get the knitted character in there too.
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 06-25-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast