BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Grand Provost Marshal

I <3 you, Aldramelech!

...in a totally hetero- sort of way.

Librarian

I'm just waiting for the inevitable inter-blog struggles.

Well, I like Fritz... but, I also like Jawaballs. But, who is better? There's only one way to find out!
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Default The Burp

Friday! I'm beginning to have a measure of sympathy with columnist's the world over, where does the week go?
    I have to admit that by Wednesday evening I was wondering if it would be worth doing it, but then GW rescued me!

This week: Welsh Orks invade GW HQ, Eldergal plays snog/marry/avoid with the whole of GW, Melissia reveals more about her underware then we needed to know and FAQ insanity rules the forum!

On my very own "I ain't playing £50 for a set of rules" I think I may have found the perfect solution to GW not listening to us, the Customers. Grabnutz has offered to be our man in Nottingham:

"I'm Welsh and an Ork to boot, and I work in Nottingham during the week - so GW had better get their act together or they might find a 250lb Welsh Waagh! storming through their front door sometime soon"

Like I said on the thread, I'd pay good money to watch that!

Eldergal, after two weeks of debauchery has decided to settle down and find the man of her dreams. Brad Pitt? George Clooney? Oh no, not for our gal, she has decided that only a senior member of the GW design team will do. In the "Warhammer - Lets talk" thread (which just becomes more bizarre with every week) whilst others debated what was said on various blogs, the Autarch of Looove was only interested in one thing:

"first time I've seen Phil Kelly, rather cute"

Mild enough I hear you say, well it got worse!

"I'm sure I could find something to smother him with"

It was pointed out that this could be misunderstood, and yes, It got worse!

"Gah. I meant something like chocolate fudge sauce"

Then in an even more bizarre turn of events, after being shown an image of Dwarf Queen Helga she said:

"I'd hit that"

The Girl was out of control! And it didn't stop there either. She had this on Jervis:

"Not as cute as Phil Kelly, but if he has madde 8th what we all hope (which seems almost certain) I'd still hit that."

And ended her rampage by threatening to do "horrible things" to Jes Goodwin if he did her a new Dark Elder range! I phoned GW HQ to find out what he thought but he was in the toilet apparently......

Now its time for a new feature here on the Burp, its

ALDRAMELECHS PUT DOWN OF THE WEEK!

This weeks winner is Hyperion for this piece of gold from Denzarks "GW - Having a good week" Thread'

"Proof? The proof is in the pudding: your pudding was a baseless cake of supposition"

I did chuckle

GW came to the rescue of the Burp by helpfully putting out the Tyranid and BA FAQs (It pays to have contacts). What only can be described as insanity followed as the good people of BOLS lost their frigging minds! Lord Azagul summed it up on Synack's "Tyranid and BA FAQ is up!!" thread with:

"I do believe the doom is...doomed"

And every other thread that had ever mentioned the Doom of Malithingy kicked off! The people that were right gave everybody else a great big "I told you so" and the losers in turn refused to accept they were wrong in any way shape or form. I strongly suspect the Mods are going to be having a very busy couple of days.......

So if your bored and your sitting around wondering if the end of your paintbrush is an alternative to a cotton wool bud for cleaning your ears, save yourself the trip to hospital and go laugh at people arguing about a question thats been answered. There were however notable bits in amongst the all out war.

Melissia (where would I be without her?) Summed up the SOB in one paragraph:

"overpriced rhinos, overpriced special/heavy weapons, overpriced razorback clones with fewer options, assault troops without assault weapons, overpriced troops choice clones with even more overpricd special weapons that have to take a mandatory overpriced vehicle, assault-based HQs with a low WS stat, and expensive and jump units which while useful are fragile and expensive? And let's not forget priests which have no equipment at all to start off with (not even armor of any kind) while costing the same as a terminator, ludicrously expensive arco-flagellants, hilariously bad Repentia, and expensive and fragile Penitent Engines"

I'd hate to think how she'd sum up an army she didn't like

But what would be better, mandatory overpriced vehicle's or assault troops without assault weapons?
    Theres only one way to find out......

FIGHT!

She then went on to crush all of Sangre's hopes and dreams when she declared:

"I'm allergic to leather"

Now get your big fat lazy *** over to painting and modeling and check out "Cerberus VII Regiment" by Morat, "Col.Gravis' Hobby Thread" by the man himself and Skalver's discussion on how GW plan to fleece us for even more money in "New GW paint pots on the way?"

And if you haven't been over to "Sukigod's Ork Waaagh! Log", why not? I believe you were instructed to visit last week? No excuse!

Finally another new feature for the Burp, I would like to introduce the Knitted Character!

He will be appearing on a thread near you soon! Spot him first and I promise you'll win absolutely nothing!

See you next week (If I can be bothered!)
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 07-02-2010 at 08:37 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

God, I'd hate to be allergic to leather, poor Melissia.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

This is freaking hilarious. Good work with the round ups. I'm looking forward to next week's already!

You could make a living do this you know, scary stuff mind!
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    God, I'd hate to be allergic to leather, poor Melissia.
    And that on top of the other quotes from you means I can say only this
    "I'll be in my bunk"
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

I had'nt even clocked that first time round, heck...
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Its totally not how it sounds. I have heaps of leather shoes, boots, belts, scabbards, riding crops, saddles and whatnot which I wouldn't be able to use if I was allergic to leather.

Love the Firefly quote, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    And that on top of the other quotes from you means I can say only this
    "I'll be in my bunk"
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I have heaps of belts, riding crops and saddles, which I wouldn't be able to use on Phil Kelly if I was allergic to leather.
    There... I fixed the typos for you...
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast