BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Its totally not how it sounds. I have heaps of leather shoes, boots, belts, scabbards, riding crops, saddles and whatnot which I wouldn't be able to use if I was allergic to leather.

Love the Firefly quote, by the way.
    Mmmmm Riding Crops. A classic combat indicator of posh totty.

Mmmmmm. Posh totty.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

What are you animals doing to my thread? Behave yourselves! :0
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

This is amazing, It's kind of like the 5 o'clock news for geeks... AND I LOVE IT!
    How many have fallen before you? How many have you sent below? How could you ever show pity? Is that a word that you know?

Default The Burp

Good afternoon ladies and gents, Its Friday, the weekend starts here! Time for the Burp........

Now this isn't just any Friday, ooohhhh noo. "Whats so special?" I here you all cry, well as we all know (unless your a cave hermit with an internet connection and are very choosy what you look at) tomorrow is the big day. Thousands of you are going to spend the night too excited to sleep and then your going to rush out at the crack of dawn clutching obscene amounts of money to get a piece of the most eagerly anticipated release of the year. Yes Guys and Girls Twilight- Eclipse is with us!

And a set of fantasy wargames rules is getting released (for the 8th time) apparently, Yawn

Now I have made no secret of the fact that 1/ I'm skint, C/ I think its too expensive and 4/ I don't want a book the size of Melissia's ranch, so I will not be joining you all on your little trip to the shops.

This debate has been raging in my very own "I ain't paying £50 for a set of rules" thread for a while now, but it was only this week that Melissia deigned to visit my humble abode. Unfortunately she decided to try and ignite the "War of the Brush" on my thread! Now we all know that there is only one way to purge Melissia from any thread....... A full exorcism must be performed.

"Ohhhh no you don't! The War Of the Brush is elsewhere.........

Go Back to the 40K forum, The Power of Aldramelech compels you!!!!!!!!!!!"

She then resisted my magic and used that age old female invocation that robs males the world over of their power. She was indeed cunning and too much for me:

"No."

I retreated to lick my wounds.

The females of the forum have been much on my mind of late, they are a powerful force here on BOLS and not to be crossed lightly. Their contribution here is out of all proportion to their numbers and two do stand out: Melissia and Eldergal. I thought it might be quite nice to get to know both of them, so on your behalf I asked some searching questions:

"Eldergal, your on a night out and in a club, what are you looking for in the way of company for a good night out?"

"Bearded midgets or perfectly toned man-boys, whats a girl to choose?"

Well you got me there! Same question to Lady M:

" hot bald angry anal sex"

Ooookay, Big smile, walk backwards slowly!

Melissia has been very active this week, It seems sometimes she's almost impossible to escape! On the long running (Please make it stop for the love of all thats holy) "A not so great beginning to 40k" thread she once again gave us one of those summary's she is becoming famous for:

"This hobby is about a bunch of conscripts with flashlights and tee-shirts shooting green-skinned mushroom-men techno-barbarians."

I cant think why GW don't just employ her?

Now on a more serious note Id like to appeal to anyone with experience in statistics to come forward. There is serious work to be done. Citizenzero kicked off this quest for science in Mr. More Tanks "Where do we draw the line?" thread:

"Can you do me a favor though and start a counter in your signature line that says how many times you say the word "douche" or any iteration thereof?"

I can only agree. Inquiring minds need to know! What percentage of the Testy Texan's posts contain the word "Douche"?

This thread has, thankfully, after 26 pages of all out war has been taken out the back of the site and shot in the head! And we can all be thankful for that If you haven't read any of it and your sitting around the house wondering if that slice of pizza you spilt superglue on last night might be edible after all, save yourself the trip to hospital and go and have a look.

Last week we discovered a little bit about the mating habits of the lesser spotted Eldergal, and it seemed that the lanky siren was ready to settle down. But it transpires that there is a dark and unsavory motive behind all of this! In thelonegrif's quite frankly criminal "Would you Rock this Dreadnought" thread, the blond black widow declared:

"Well, poo. Thats really not playing fair, no wonder the GW design team can't marry, if angry housewives can't poison them. So sexist."

Jervis, who by all accounts, was getting quite excited in the office last week needs to be very, very careful.
    Thankfully, this thread was also taken outside, given a good kicking and then shot in the head.

She did have some practical advice for us wargamers this week. In Pendragons "First game?" thread the femme fatal had this advice:

"Snacks and drinks are very important, nothing makes a 10 hour session of Apocalypse into a living hell like lack of drinks and nibbles. Also lipstick as I find after a few turns I need touch ups."

So there you go, there is no excuse for looking bad at the gaming table...........

But whats more useful for those all day games? Snacks or Lipstick? There's only one way to find out!

Fight!

None of you dumass'es spotted the Knitted character, who I cunningly concealed in the 40k forum, so no non existent prize for any of you! (and it was a good one too!)

Now get on your chosen mode of transport and rush over to the Fantasy Modeling and painting area to check out GAR's "Crystal Skull Tomb Kings" for an interesting take on all things dead.
    In the 40k Painting area go and look (unless your a hobby heretic!) at "Trygon Prime emerging from ground and performing Goalkeeper leap!" by TSINI (Catchy title by the way TSINI!) and "Redstar's Log of Everything!" by redstarone for chaos craziness.

I'm off to play with my fully painted Hungry Hippo's set

See you next week (If I haven't been poisoned by Nordic women)
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 07-09-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    None of you dumass'es spotted the Knitted character, who I cunningly concealed in the 40k forum, so no non existent prize for any of you! (and it was a good one too!)

)
    I referenced it - I said you had thrown teddy from the cot! In the painted tourney naked mud wrestle thread!!!!

Librarian

I'm loving these!

and a mention too! lucky me
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I referenced it - I said you had thrown teddy from the cot! In the painted tourney naked mud wrestle thread!!!!
    You have to post here first, so still no non existent prize for you!

Chapter-Master

Sweaty BoLS to you too!

Aldramelech! I havent had much free time but came across your thread just a bit ago and you sure know how to make people smile I was having a great time, but the closer I got to the end of the thread so far, the sadder I got.

Then what do you know, you mention me! Im flattered! It means a whole lot coming from you s im a huge fan of yours

Keep up this great thread and the amazing modeling!
    Rest in Peace Sarah Bonder, Loving Wife and wanting Mother1983-2010
    http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by redstarone View Post
    Aldramelech! I havent had much free time but came across your thread just a bit ago and you sure know how to make people smile I was having a great time, but the closer I got to the end of the thread so far, the sadder I got.

Then what do you know, you mention me! Im flattered! It means a whole lot coming from you s im a huge fan of yours

Keep up this great thread and the amazing modeling!
    Redstarone the website in your tag doesn't seem to exist can you post alink to conversion corner?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast