BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Chaplain

Default Eldar hidden in plain sight

Never uploaded photos before.... hope this works.... edit; and it's sideways and I can't seem to fix it.

So this pic is in the background of some art of Greyfax and some Templars in the January White Dwarf. The blurb with the art includes 'Their salvation comes from an unexpected quarter'. He looks somewhere between dark eldar and eldar, dark eldar would tie in with the gangs of commorough release.

If there's a triumvirate of imperial characters maybe there will be a triumvirate of eldar ones (cross ref natfka) Although only evidence here for one; if it is indeed a character release and not a random archon. Black templars art in the foreground def nodding towards specific components in the range. Maybe it's a pic of a conversion?

What do people think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2912.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	19478  
    Last edited by Thornblood; 01-12-2017 at 07:38 AM. Reason: picture issue

Chapter-Master

Can't tell from this pic...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

If I had to guess I would say it's an Eldar Exodite. The vanes on the back of the armor are very much in the style of Eldar (not really any other army using that style). However the armor looks more like Medieval plate than modern Eldar Armor or even that used by the Dark Eldar, and there seems to be a fur cloak over the left shoulder. The Waste sash with Gemstone is also very reminiscent of Eldar/Elven style. So I would say, this is most likely the first offical teaser of an Exodite army.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

I don't think it's an exodite army - I don't think we'll see any new armies until 8th. An exodite character, however, as part of an Eldar "triumvirate" set? Maybe, yes!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

Reminds me more of the Corsair fleets. The helmet and shape of the shoulder pads are somewhat Kabalite, but the back vanes, waist and chestplate are definitely not. The pirate fleets tend to mix Kabalite and Craftworld aesthetics and the 'luxurious trophies' like feathers and furs are more their thing than either group.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I'd buy that, as well. I mean, I believe that theory. I'd also buy the figure. Obviously.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan