BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a rules only version of 8th (seperate from a box set)

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please

22 52.38%
  • No thank you

3 7.14%
  • I would buy both large and small books

14 33.33%
  • Ebay is my friend

3 7.14%

Hybrid View

Default 8th Addition Rule Book Poll

Lets see what the general feeling on this is.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

I think there should be both kinds of books; even though myself personally, I'd only get a small one.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Veteran-Sergeant

I also think there should be both a BRB and a LRB. I believe this simply because not everyone is the same. Some people want a BRB with lots of fluff, like myself. And others want a LRB with just the rules, also like myself. Some people don't want to buy Island of Blood for the little rule book.

Although I am a bit of a fan boy, I totally understand not wanting to pay an arm an a leg for rules or models. I'll probably buy GW stuff until I die for many reasons, but one in particular, is that it brought me and my two life long best friends together. For that alone, I have a soft spot in my heart of GW.

In the end I think options for different rule books is the best bet.

Respectfully,
    DarkAngelHopeful
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Veteran-Sergeant

I couldn't see the harm in releasing a cheaper 'just rules book', I'm sure many in the communty would be pleased with this. Still, I guess that's what Ebay is for.
    Souls. Yum.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have seen the new rulebook with my own eyes and i would happily buy that over a small rule book-it is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by j-orge-287 View Post
    I have seen the new rulebook with my own eyes and i would happily buy that over a small rule book-it is awesome
    I agree. It is a thing of beauty.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by j-orge-287 View Post
    Same here, I just love the feel of a big harcover book with proper A4 pages, gets me all excited.