BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 8th Edition Army Books

So if we accept that the Skaven and Beastmen books are the First 8th edition books (It would make no sense if they were writen with 7th in mind) Where do we think Jervis and his band of merry men will strike next?

If Island of blood is indeed Skaven vs High Elves, High Elves would seem to be the logical choice.

Anyone want to takes bets on it being £20 lol
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    So if we accept that the Skaven and Beastmen books are the First 8th edition books (It would make no sense if they were writen with 7th in mind) Where do we think Jervis and his band of merry men will strike next?

If Island of blood is indeed Skaven vs High Elves, High Elves would seem to be the logical choice.

Anyone want to takes bets on it being £20 lol
    Don't forget about Lizardmen being 8th as well...and Chaos Warriors too perhaps.

High Elves kinda makes sense, but weren't all the rumors for Tomb Kings or Ogre Kingdoms?

Who knows, not me.

Forgot about the Lizards, Chaos warriors? mmmm not sure about that one.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

I just got an e-mail from GW about Island of Blood coming out in September and the picture at the bottom was Skaven v. High Elves. I'm just saying ...

I'm working on assembling my Skaven and was thinking about HE as a back up. If they are the two starter races this edition, I will be totally stoked!

Forgot about the Lizards, Chaos warriors? mmmm not sure about that one.
    You may be right about the Chaos, I thought there was a template in the spells section that didn't have partials...but I looked just now and didn't find anything.

Im wondering how the temp updates are going to appear. Supplement in WD? Just on the website?

Im wondering how the temp updates are going to appear. Supplement in WD? Just on the website?
    I would be surprised if they bother to change them...they just might keep the partials in the older books.

I hope they change it though...

Brother-Sergeant

Wasn't there a rumour about an FAQ/Errata being released for every Army Book when the 8th edition Rule book goes on sale?

Brother-Captain

High Elves already got there 'boost' for 8th ed. They certainly aren't top of the rewrite queue. I think TK are prolly in the most in need at this point, besides the HE good is only 2 years old.
    And bretts, they seem to actually loose the most from this ed.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Librarian

I'm still going to go with the strongest rumor:
    Tomb Kings are next. It sounds like they are already deep in production; and even with the new edition, they need a lot of work.

After that... who knows.
    It was looking like Ogres, but they got so many boosts it might not be that important: I mean, ranks for three models, fight in two ranks (with full attacks for them), bull charge plus crush!, shoot in two ranks (hello leadbelchers), outnumbering is gone from CR but fear gives +1.

I think Orcs and Goblins are a likely target for getting a new book. They've been the first or second book released for the last two or three editions now; I don't see any reason to change that.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast