BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Chapter-Master

Default GW stock holding reduced...

Starting to see murmurs that GW has reduced the level of stock they hold on many key items, down to 0 - whereas previously under their tock regime, 1 was the minimum.

This covers codexes and many 'core' essential items (to play 40K in 7th edition)...

At the same time, I can't see a 'bitz' tab on the website, although if you search for 'jump packs' you can still buy them separately.

Moves afoot?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

If the move to 8th edition does in fact nulify all current Codex's, I'm sure my checking account will thank GW, as I will most likely leave that game as well.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Occuli Imperator

Corporate discussion moved to corporate.

I was surprised the last time I was in my local GW how much stuff that I would have considered to be normal shop stuff was ordered as mail order to store.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Part of it may be the increased size of the range, and the larger size of individual boxes within the range. My local store currently has less-bought boxes stacked on boards across the rafters. I'm surprised at the codexes going to mail order, since a single codex for each faction doesn't take up that much shelf space, but that feeds into rumours about new editions incoming. Given that getting stuff sent to the store is free and they'll hold it for quite a while, it seems like a reasonable compromise.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

Could it possibly be a plan to encourage return visits?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness