BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Warhammer talk huh? Ok, wheres my Beastman gallery for one! Another thing is Minotaurs are going to be rediculous with the whole attacking in two ranks and getting stomp attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by addamsfamily36 View Post
    what do you call them? there not potato chips, because they are not fried slices of potato.

crisp covers both

besides what's sissy about a crisp?
    OMG. We call them Potato Chips...but I just learned of the entire controversy here: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pringles[/url]

You're right!

What is this thread about again?

Lol you learn something new everyday

But your right, back to warhammer!!

so does anyone know any good black coach conversion ideas?

Brother-Captain

Ok, so we back on topic here?

Warhammer. I was allowed to take the book home over night, and I’ve had the time to get a few games (8th) in since.

Simply put: its fun. It’s a bit ‘lighter’ of a game, and I think it’ll take a while before people figure out some of the neatier or nastier things, and I think power gamers are going to have a tougher time plaguing the gaming comminity on this one.

I’m sticking with my Dwarves and Greenskins. I have plenty of dwarves so buying more isn’t needed. My greenskins on the other hand where build with specific function of, crush and crunch, and since ranks and blocks are king in this new ed my O&G might be sitting along the side for a bit, until I can horde them up abit. My fantatics are prolly going to drop (espeically is their ‘terrain feature’ rule remains)

My only really disapointment was that DE got better. (more attacks, faster) and that my Hammerers have been solidly kicked to the curb thanks to the new weapons rules, no more hand weapons/shield option. Which is a real shame because they were my favorate unit…and now I need ironbreakers!

Regen did get toned down a bit, but only if you have multiple ranged attacks in a phase. IE, I wound the hydra with one flaming shot, it loses regen for the rest of the phase, so all my WM don’t need to be flaming to take the sucker out.

Terrain is pretty awesome right now. Woods can be seen through, and also to random stuff.
    In 7th ed hills were dominate due to needing LOS for shooters and WM, now with everything shooting in two ranks hills will take a back seat. The random stuff terrain does is much more fun, instead of slowing down everyone’s movement.

Losing guess range is awesome. And being able to measure whenever you want, also fantastic, really speeds up the game.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    Ok, so we back on topic here?

Warhammer. I was allowed to take the book home over night, and I’ve had the time to get a few games (8th) in since.

Simply put: its fun. It’s a bit ‘lighter’ of a game, and I think it’ll take a while before people figure out some of the neatier or nastier things, and I think power gamers are going to have a tougher time plaguing the gaming comminity on this one.

I’m sticking with my Dwarves and Greenskins. I have plenty of dwarves so buying more isn’t needed. My greenskins on the other hand where build with specific function of, crush and crunch, and since ranks and blocks are king in this new ed my O&G might be sitting along the side for a bit, until I can horde them up abit. My fantatics are prolly going to drop (espeically is their ‘terrain feature’ rule remains)

My only really disapointment was that DE got better. (more attacks, faster) and that my Hammerers have been solidly kicked to the curb thanks to the new weapons rules, no more hand weapons/shield option. Which is a real shame because they were my favorate unit…and now I need ironbreakers!

Regen did get toned down a bit, but only if you have multiple ranged attacks in a phase. IE, I wound the hydra with one flaming shot, it loses regen for the rest of the phase, so all my WM don’t need to be flaming to take the sucker out.

Terrain is pretty awesome right now. Woods can be seen through, and also to random stuff.
    In 7th ed hills were dominate due to needing LOS for shooters and WM, now with everything shooting in two ranks hills will take a back seat. The random stuff terrain does is much more fun, instead of slowing down everyone’s movement.

Losing guess range is awesome. And being able to measure whenever you want, also fantastic, really speeds up the game.

How are Hammerers nerfed? In the army book they have Hand weapons, Great weapons and shields. Is there a rule saying they cant now? And if thats the case maybe when the FAQ/Update comes through they might be exempted from it.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    How are Hammerers nerfed? In the army book they have Hand weapons, Great weapons and shields. Is there a rule saying they cant now? And if thats the case maybe when the FAQ/Update comes through they might be exempted from it.
    The new rule for all special weapons (ie anything not a hand weapon)
    States that IF you have a HW and SW, you much ALWAYS use the SW. So even though miners, hammerers, spearmen, have a HW and Spear/gw or whatever, they may not use the HW unless the other weapon is destroyed. So miners, hammerers, and anything else, must use the great weapon and can no longer gain or use parry.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Veteran-Sergeant

That would explain why Bestigors weren't given hand weapons or shields.

That would explain why Bestigors weren't given hand weapons or shields.
    Lol Nothing can explain Bestigors.

plastic kit with no extras?
    overpriced compared to other plastics (5 chaos knights for £15 quid, for 5 pound more i could get 10 chaos knights at £30 or 10 bestigor at £25.)
    die easily in the game
    expensive

the lsit could go on lol

Veteran-Sergeant

If the new rules say you get attacks back no matter what they may not be as bad now that they can attack in two ranks. So far I've learned they make very good counter charge units or used in conjunction with Centigors.

As to why there almost 50 bucks... who knows.

Oh yeh, ive been tempted by a unit for ages for the odd flank charge here or there, but i feel cheated that a main like infantry unit, core part of your army if you choose to take it could suffer so badly.

Yeh, i suppose the new rules will help them in combat, but they are so easy to kill from shooting etc that im still unsure about them.

Centigors however, yum yum strength 6 great weapons 2 attacks each, with a rank thats right 20 great weapon attacks muhahah
    and thats without a champ or ghorros, mind you great weapons means striking last. so i expect casulties.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast