BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Combined Imp/SM fleet, need help

My local group is starting up BFG, and we have all agreed to make 700 pts fleets. I am trying to come up with something using the Armageddon flee list, so that I can use both Navy and Marine ships. Anyone willing to offer some advice to a newbie?

Armageddon Sector Fleet list
    Space Marine Strike Cruiser 145
    -Nova Class Frigate(3) 150

Dictator Class Cruiser 220
    Lunar Class Cruiser 180

Brother-Sergeant

I'm new my self unfortunately, so I can't offer much advice, but since no one else has put stuff I'll add something.

Proxy some ships (maybe use paper circles) and have some test games (say 3 to 6) with 3-5 ships per game and see what experience shows you. That way you don't lose a lot of money and can buy stuff you know works, or works better than stuff you've tried which doesn't work. Plus you get BFG experience which is always good ^_^

Edit:

I'm actually thinking of getting a combine marine/imperial fleet myself at some point so when I do, I'll post here and let you know what my proxy games find out.

Edit: 28th june
    Need to finish painting up my imperials fleet more tho and find time others can game. I don't technically need to paint my models to test, but it is nice having painted ships if I actually own them.
    Last edited by Myu; 06-27-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Magnetize your Imperial Cruisers. That way they can be which ever class you like and you can change your list as you please.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadan View Post
    My local group is starting up BFG, and we have all agreed to make 700 pts fleets. I am trying to come up with something using the Armageddon flee list, so that I can use both Navy and Marine ships. Anyone willing to offer some advice to a newbie?

Armageddon Sector Fleet list
    Space Marine Strike Cruiser 145
    -Nova Class Frigate(3) 150

Dictator Class Cruiser 220
    Lunar Class Cruiser 180

strike cruisers work best ins squadrons of 2-3
    dictator is a good attack carrier for small size games
    upgrade the lunar to the Armageddon to get 45cm batteries. they will come in handy against eldar.

You really want Sword Frigates at this point level instead of highly expensive Nova's.

I agree about Swords instead of Novas.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the Lunar class, but if you take it, do you have enough points to spend on the upgrade? If so, I agree, do it.