BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

Default Incoming! The Island of Blood Core Boxed Set

From the GW newsletter emailed this past weekend to online account customers:

Incoming! The Island of Blood

The Warhammer world; it is a place riven by battle, where mighty armies clash for glory, honour or the entertainment of Dark Gods. Darkened skies, tortured by cataclysmic magics tear open and rain blood upon the ceaseless combatants and the landscape is wracked by the carnage around it. Trees writhe in mutated agony, lashing out with limb and branch and rivers flow thick with the corpses of the slain. All upon the land are consumed by the unending battle, an age of war in which victory and defeat hang in the balance.

Cast against this macabre tableau fight mighty armies -warriors by their million raise banners of defiance or icons of dismay, taking up arms in the clash for survival. Beleaguered and surrounded, the forces of Order fight desperately to stem the tide of the armies of Destruction. Delighting in the carnage and ruination, the Dark Gods look on.

The Island of Blood is but one battleground upon the face of the Warhammer world, a mystical and dangerous place that has been twisted and mutated by the warping power of Chaos. In ages past the Island of Blood was a battleground upon which armies have bled and died in the ageless battle for supremacy... and they will do so again. Soon.

The Island of Blood is the new boxed game for Warhammer and is released this September. Packed full of stunning plastic Citadel miniatures and containing all the rules, dice and templates you'll need to play, it's the essential purchase for fans of the Warhammer hobby.

Meanwhile, if you like the Battle for Skull Pass boxed game (and who wouldn't with all those Goblins and Dwarfs) then it only seems fair to point out that once the last few remaining copies are gone they're gone, and they're never coming back! Pick one up while stocks last.

In August we'll feature more information about The Island of Blood on games-workshop.com and the full details will be released in September's White Dwarf.

If you can't wait until September to get your hands on the new rules then don't forget that the new Warhammer Rulebook and complete range of accessories are available to advance order by clicking on the image below.

See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chaplain

I'm not surprised that it's being released in September. That's when Assault on Black Reach was sold to the public. I'm not sure if I can see any new looking models amongst the masses though. Nice to see the new Skirmish formation in action.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

No, nothing new, at least on the High Elf side. Probably just a stock picture. So, we have to wait for the mini rule book to come out in September? Well, OK by me. I'm tired of amassing Warhammer tomes that are outdated in four years, only to shell over more money because they want to change a few rules and expect everybody to repurchase. If they can't make a system with a better lifespan then they will continue losing players each time they reboot. There's only so long people can take that before they cut their losses and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Ultor View Post
    No, nothing new, at least on the High Elf side. Probably just a stock picture. So, we have to wait for the mini rule book to come out in September? Well, OK by me. I'm tired of amassing Warhammer tomes that are outdated in four years, only to shell over more money because they want to change a few rules and expect everybody to repurchase. If they can't make a system with a better lifespan then they will continue losing players each time they reboot. There's only so long people can take that before they cut their losses and walk away.
    Yeah, that 4 year lifespan is pretty rough...they should go to a 5 year life span like video game consoles.

I have heared that there will infact be 4 box sets, the first of which will be high elves v skaven, then empire v choas and two he did not know!!!!

the box sets would not be released all at once but stagered
    Last edited by spitfire6x; 06-22-2010 at 12:20 AM.

I would be really surprised if this were true. I'm not sure the expense of creating new kits for eight armies would pay itself back in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire6x View Post
    I have hered from a good sorce that there will infact be 4 box sets, the first of which will be high elves v skaven, then empire v choas and two he did not know!!!!

the box sets would not be released all at once but stagered
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

well you dont need to have new models in the case of empire v warriors of chaos you use the current range of plastic, this would keep interest in the new box set there as you have options on which one you wanted. for me who has only played 40k, and have wanted to start an empire army this would be great! I think it is possible (in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I would be really surprised if this were true. I'm not sure the expense of creating new kits for eight armies would pay itself back in sales.
    Ooo I dont know, that sounds quite sensible to me. Hang on, GW, sensible? No it cant be true! lol

Seriously though, How many people wouldnt buy a box set because the armies dont interest them? Why limit your sales?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

GW have never released multiple starter sets and the models in starter sets are specially designed snap together kits, not the same as the regular range. I'm not saying it is impossible, or undesirable, I just don't expect GW to break with so many precedents.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire6x View Post
    well you dont need to have new models in the case of empire v warriors of chaos you use the current range of plastic, this would keep interest in the new box set there as you have options on which one you wanted. for me who has only played 40k, and have wanted to start an empire army this would be great! I think it is possible (in my opinion)
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    GW have never released multiple starter sets and the models in starter sets are specially designed snap together kits, not the same as the regular range. I'm not saying it is impossible, or undesirable, I just don't expect GW to break with so many precedents.
    Agreed. Nice thought though.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast