Well my friends, I think it's time we got active in opposing The Selfish Scalping *******s.

The tales of a now notorious Facebook Scalper and the ends he'll go to in order to create false scarcity and rip off fellow hobbyists has got my dander right up. Right up.

There's a little over 150 folk in my Facebook group now (wooo! and see my sig!) and I figure that's a good start for an organised letter writing campaign to Games Workshop and Forgeworld, making our distaste and displeasure at the Scalpers Market known, and asking their collusion in trying to nip it in the bud at source. And I'd like to invite everyone to join us.

Now I'm quite sure we're all perfectly capable of putting pen to paper, or hands to keyboard, but I'd like to cover off some points which might help.

1. We all pay to get into events, and usually gladly because there's lot to see, and some shiny new toys to get our grubby mitts on. But finding someone else got there first and snaffled the lion's share sucks arse.

2. Ultimately, it's eating into their bottom line. Consider that the Custodes Contemptor retails for £56, and the aforementioned bellend was selling them on for £95. That's £39 some poor sap has paid out their hobby budget - and £39 FW/GW get not so much a sniff of.

3. Limited Edition models really need to be a maximum of one per customer on pre-order and release day. Remember Space Hulk, when it was first re-released? Our Local Bellend bought *12* copies. All on eBay as soon as it sold through worldwide. Doesn't matter that he rinsed his credit card, he still made a killing. It's not as if they'll struggle to sell them after all, so there's no real excuse for people buying multiples.

So I ask, beg and implore you to join in this campaign, and get as many of your fellow nerds and hobbyists to do likewise. It may very well come to nothing, but it's at least worth trying