BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default One more question from a returning player regarding imperial knights

I know it's probably not a feasible army, but can you construct an 1850 list with only the Knights? I assume it would just be 1 or 2 models stomping around the board. I know it's not really smart as you won't be able to cap objectives and whatnot, but it would be fun to just set two big *** models on the table when everyone is setting up troops and vehicles and whatnot.
    Everyone knows all SM want to be the Ultramarines. What you don't know is all ultramarines just want to be Chuck Norris

Chapter-Master

Not only can you, but it is feasible. A 5 knight army using stock (no upgrades) can come in just under - and it is universally detested in tournament land due to power - although has hard counters - it is upper mid tier maybe. In my meta.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Not only can you, but it is feasible. A 5 knight army using stock (no upgrades) can come in just under - and it is universally detested in tournament land due to power - although has hard counters - it is upper mid tier maybe. In my meta.
    This configuration can be yours for the low low price of around $700! Lol Jokes aside, that is a little pricey, could I get away with 3 for a little bit? And is that price on par with another fully completed army? I don't exactly know army prices anymore for completed lists, I looked at model prices, just don't have the knowledge to know totals
    Everyone knows all SM want to be the Ultramarines. What you don't know is all ultramarines just want to be Chuck Norris

Chapter-Master

You can get away with 3 - but if you're talking non-forgeworld variants, I think 4 will fit better in 1850 - you may need allies otherwise.

I don't know about your prices either - I just sold 2 errants on ebay for around £60 each. Even if I added £10 for postage, that's £350 for 5 - significantly less that $700 US (unless you are in Aus/Can then I don't know).
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

An all Knight force is not as fearsome as you might think. D-Weapons could make life miserable and things like Wraithknights with a jump pack and D sword will tie you up as well. Any IG super heavies are likely to sport weapons that cause grief and 3 to 5 units is not a lot when it is just one figure. I tied a knight up with a warlock unit on bikes for 4 turns once using singing spears. Love those invulnerable saves.

I think you are better off with two and support units.