BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Imperial Armored Battlegroup [1,850pts]

Hey BoLS Loungers, here's a list I'm considering to take to a local tournament. I've got several others too. Thoughts and constructive criticism is welcome.

[HQ]

Company Command Tank [290]
    - Leman Russ Vanquisher
    - Hull Lascannon
    - Pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber
    - Camo-netting
    - Artificer Hull x 2
    - Armored Track Guards
    - Anti-grenade Mesh
    - Beast Hunter Shells

Company Command Tank [290]
    - Leman Russ Vanquisher
    - Hull Lascannon
    - Camo-netting
    - Artificer Hull x 2
    - Armored Track Guards
    - Anti-grenade Mesh
    - Beast Hunter Shells

[TROOPS]

1st Battle Tank Squadron [180]
    - Leman Russ Battle Tank
    - Hull Heavy Bolter
    - Armored Track Guards
    - Camo-netting

2nd Battle Tank Squadron [195]
    - Leman Russ Battle Tank
    - Hull Heavy Bolter
    - Armored Track Guards
    - Anti-grenade Mesh
    - Camo-netting

3rd Battle Tank Squadron [215]
    - Leman Russ Exterminator
    - Hull Heavy Bolter
    - Sponson Heavy Bolters
    - Armored Track Guards
    - Anti-grenade Mesh
    - Camo-netting

4th Siege Tank Squadron [185]
    - Leman Russ Demolisher
    - Hull Heavy Bolter
    - Camo-netting

5th Siege Tank Squadron [230]
    - Leman Russ Punisher
    - Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    - Camo-netting

6th Siege Tank Squadron [265]
    - Leman Russ Executioner
    - Hull Lascannon
    - Plasma Cannon Sponsons
    - Camo-netting

TOTAL POINT COST: 1,850
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Its nice to see an armoured list. But I think you have gone a bit heavy on some of the options. Especially the camo-netting on the siege tanks - they don't want to be sitting back in cover, they want to be within 24". The executioner with plasma sponsons - fluffy - but with a heavy 3 plasma shot and 2 x heavy 1, you are almost guaranteed to gets hot yourself to death by turn 4.

I think you can do an all armour guard list without IA (presuming that's where this is from). I'd probably drop the exterminator - the crappest Russ variant in my book and the executioner. That could probably get you 2 vet squads in chimeras (panzer grenadiers is amoured battle group fluffy) and 3 Wyverns which will kill far more that a poxy exterminator.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Its nice to see an armoured list. But I think you have gone a bit heavy on some of the options. Especially the camo-netting on the siege tanks - they don't want to be sitting back in cover, they want to be within 24". The executioner with plasma sponsons - fluffy - but with a heavy 3 plasma shot and 2 x heavy 1, you are almost guaranteed to gets hot yourself to death by turn 4.

I think you can do an all armour guard list without IA (presuming that's where this is from). I'd probably drop the exterminator - the crappest Russ variant in my book and the executioner. That could probably get you 2 vet squads in chimeras (panzer grenadiers is amoured battle group fluffy) and 3 Wyverns which will kill far more that a poxy exterminator.
    Hey Denzark.

You'd be surprised, but I never take a list from IA (where the list is indeed from) without giving all the tanks camo-netting. I cannot begin to recount the number of times that it's saved my arse. The last game I took this type of list, a Blood Angel player I was against deep-struck two Drop Pods in my rear with two units of melta-totting Sternguard. They fired into my rear and I managed to make three 6+ cover saves in a row thanks to that camo-net. Not to mention I'm usually canny enough to take advantage of intervening terrain and the like.

As for range, there's only the Demolisher that has the 24" range; and I usually keep him around the mid-to-rear areas to pie-plate to death any deep-striking or drop pod'ing units. It's been effective thus far.

I agree, that the Executioner with plasma sponsons is dangerous (I'm still raging that they won't return Leman Russ to the old rules where apparently they knew how to make a heat sink on what is, almost literally, the only /heavy/ tank in the game), but I've never lost it to Get's Hot! rolls. I've been fairly lucky with it and I'm riding on that luck a bit here. I can always choose not to fire my sponsons as well. :P

The exterminator was originally going to be a third generic Battle Tank with the battle canon, but I thought I'd take the Exterminator in case I encounter any flyers. With it's twin-linked Hvy 4, Str 7 shots -- I'm usually guaranteed to hit at least once per shooting round against a flyer. It'll also give me something a little lighter to deal with transports such as Rhinos, Chimeras, and Drop Pods without having to devote my heavier guns to anything of that sort.

I'll consider your thought about the vets in a Chimera. Unfortunately, I don't own any Wyverns. I hated the model when it came out and even though it has a nasty set of rules -- it's just not my cup of tea.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214