BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Binary's workshop-08 March truescale dreadnought finished

Welcome to the workshop

Now that we've moved and I have a dedicated hobby room (henceforth referred to as "the workshop") I thought it was time I got myself organised, and setup a proper blog.
    It also occurred to me while unpacking that my armies all need updating, whether it was the list, the bases, the paint scheme or details (I think my IG regiment were started waaay back in 2004).
    So where am I going with this you may ask? Well this is where I'm going to show the updates, as well as any side projects I happen to get distracted by.

Let's start with where we are now.

This is each of the armies starting points.

The Patrian 121st Royal Light Infantry.
    The army list
    Command squad with standard, 2x grenade launchers, primaris psycher
    Ogryn squad
    Storm trooper squad, 2x meltagun, taurox
    Infantry platoon-command section, standard, 2x flamer, squad with grenade launcher, squad with grenade launcher, squad with grenade launcher, heavy weapon squad with las cannons
    Infantry platoon-command section, standard, 2x flamer, squad with grenade launcher, squad with grenade launcher, squad with grenade launcher, heavy weapon squad with heavy bolters
    Rough rider squad
    Rough rider squad
    Leman Russ
    Basilisk

Big parts for this is building the basilisk and taurox and matching them to the steampunk style of the army. I'm also going to rebase the army as the static grass and gravel looks a little tired. I'm also repainting all the skin tones (why 2004 me thought dwarf flesh followed by flesh wash was a good look 2017 me will never know)

World Eaters 128th company
    Chaos Lord, terminator armour, 2xchainfist, terminator retinue with landraider
    Hellbrute, 2x power fists, combi bolter, heavy flamer
    8 chaos marines, plasma gun
    8 chaos marines, plasma gun
    5 chaos marines, flamer
    5 chaos marines, flamer,
    5 havocs, 4x missile launcher
    5 havocs, 4x meltagun, rhino
    3 obliterators

So with these guys I need to build 3 more marines (and having plastic mkIV makes this so much easier), weather everything to match the landraider, finalise the rhino, and rebuild the hellbrute. I was never truly happy with the design I started with and after Commissar Molotov's post I knew what route to take....cue converting a leviathan.

White Scars 6th company
    Captain, bike, relic blade
    Librarian, bike
    Command squad, standard, apothecary, champion, 2plasma pistol, bikes
    Bike squad, 5 marines, 2 meltagun guns, attack bike with multimelta
    Bike squad, 5 marines, 2 meltagun guns, attack bike with multimelta
    Bike squad, 5 marines, 2 meltagun guns
    Tactical squad, sergeant with power fist, heavy bolter, razorback
    Landspeeder squadron. 2 landspeeder switch assault cannon and heavy bolter
    Storm hawk interceptor
    Predator annihilator
    Relic Sicaran

Now these guys were originally built as a Ravenwing force using the 2008 DA codex, so have undergone the biggest changes. Out goes Sammael, and in comes a Captain, an apothecary, a company champion, 3 more bikers, another attack bike and conversion work on the "stormhog" to make it a wysiwyg Stormhawk and Landspeeder vengeance to make it my Sicaran.

So let's start with where I am.

Patrian 121st
    WIP Basilisk.

Built the main body she'll for the gun carriage, based it on the AM onager dunecrawler, the basilisk (duh!) and a sentinel for the cab to match my Leman Russ. Now to start detailing the armour panels and adding a bucket load of rivets

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Binary77; 03-08-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Brother-Sergeant

So. First update and its for the white scars.
    WIP pics of the captain, apothecary, company champion and the second attack bike. Painting will start shortly as I'm desperate to try out my new airbrush.

Also finished changing the stormhog into a stormhawk by swapping the heavy bolters to assault cannons

Thanks for looking
    Binary
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Brother-Sergeant

Busy weekend so far. Since I've been going through my older armies seeing what needs updating I realised that the dreadnought/helbrute for my truescale world eaters doesn't have the oomph to match the size of my marines.

Now commissar molotov inspired the change in direction with a post over on bolter and chainsword.

After a few hours work this is the new version. Based on the forgeworld leviathan with the scarcophagus and underslung weapons from a box dread. Still needs detailing and riveting but it's a good start.

Feedback always welcome
    -Binary

Brother-Sergeant

So, another update on the box dread. Decided that the leviathan body looked too plain and needed some decoration. Taking inspiration from the pre release pics of the red scorpion leviathan this is what I've finalised

Decided to arm him with a combi bolter on one arm and a heavy flanker on the other

Hopefully he should see some paint this weekend.

Brother-Sergeant

In other news, started building the obliterators. Decided that as these guys aren't very far down the crimson path that I could use Centurions as a mobile weapon platform. Hence the "Obliterator pattern war suit"

And a scale shot

I've also started on my truescale rhino. I call him "tankasaurus jnr"

Brother-Sergeant

So onto the new stuff (that's what you came here for anyway isn't it?)

Commolt, former Gladiator Champion 64th company XII legion, now now resident of the Hellbrute class dreadnought chassis is finished.

New version compared to old

Compared to my truescale world eaters

And with a normal mkIV marine