BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout

Question thunderfire cannon ? + tau battle suits ?

so i heard from a few people that you can use servitors with a thunderfire cannon is this true ? my second question is how dose it work when a shooting attack is made against a TFC , dose it just go onto the tech marine or can you put it towards the cannon itself ?

my last question is when a tau battle suit deep strikes dose it take its secondary move ? any imput would be great !!! thanks

I would say no. You do not have a Techmarine you have a Techmarine Gunner according to the unit composition list so you do not meet the requirement for adding the Serviators. And even if you did you cannot attach them to the Artillery unit since it is not an independent character. If you were allowed to take them the techmarine could join with them after the gun is destroyed.

Scout

okay thats what i thought , it didnt sount right to me thanks !!

Chapter-Master

As for the Tau question i've always played yes, you can jump pack move after a deep strike. I'm sure i've read it somewhere just can't find it when i want to! I've done it in store and no-ones ever complained about it so guess its correct!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't have mine at hand right now however the BRB has a section on artillery that cover allocation on an artillery unit.

Tau Crisis suits do get their move in the assault phase after they deepstrike, they just cannot make an assault.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofmedusa View Post
    my second question is how dose it work when a shooting attack is made against a TFC , dose it just go onto the tech marine or can you put it towards the cannon itself ?
    Per the normal artillery rules, you shoot at the entire unit as normal, and then you roll a d6 for each hit - on a 1-2 the crew is hit, on a 3-6 the gun is hit.

Scout

cool cool we didnt know so we rollerd off for it , okay sweet ive never used artillery before do you know what the guns stats are ?
    Last edited by sonofmedusa; 06-23-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofmedusa View Post
    cool cool we didnt know so we rollerd off for it , okay sweet ive never used artillery before do you know what the guns stats are ?
    Also per the artillery section in the rulebook, the gun takes damage like an AV 10/10/10 vehicle, but any glancing or penetrating hit will destroy it.

Chaplain

Read the Suit callout box on p27 for the answer to the Tau question. Short answer, you cannot make the 6" move.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    Read the Suit callout box on p27 for the answer to the Tau question. Short answer, you cannot make the 6" move.
    Quite correct. My impression is that many groups either overlook this rule or decide as a house rule to disregard it, but the codex is very clear. There are not too many ways to interpret "The wearer and any attached drones may be deployed using the Deep Strike special rule if the mission being played permits it (though he may not make the additional 6" move in the turn he arrives)."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast