BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    I'm not wrong. There's a reason GW sells paint with "Their hobby"....
    Yeah, so they can make $3.50 for an ounce of paint, which is almost right up there with illegal drugs on a "cost per" ratio...

I mean, I can buy a gallon of paint that will protect my house against all sorts of nasty weather, uv rays and the misguided attentions of the local wildlife at what amounts to $.19 / ounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Take a look at this guy... disabled, can't see well, and his hand shakes so bad he can barely sign a check. He has to scoop his dice up in a box. But look at his army.....

100% painted.

He went with large models because he can't handle normal 'man sized' figures. The jetbikes are painted yellow with dots on the wings so he can tell the units apart. He made simple conversions to show the cannons, as the jetbikes are glued directly to the stands and the cannon attachment got in the way.

He cares enough to put effort into the hobby.
    Two things:

First: I want to play a game with this cat!

Second: I intend to be that guy after old man Father Time has had his way with me... gaming and having a good time with the models I love!

Cossack, do you ever come to the San Antonio/Austin area? Are you coming to either of the Alamo GTs? We should get in a game. I really dig your Ork army. I don't agree with everything you say in this forum but I admire that you stand firm in your beliefs... and that you paint your models!

Cheers... Chris

I might make a trip, Chris.

On another subject - I'm done responding to PMs on this. Post it here if you want to say it to me. I wrote this as a PM, but am posting it here instead...

It wouldn't be an issue if people didn't show up with unpainted figures, expecting to play, and then actually get pissed off that for THIS GAME they need painted figures.

And it wouldn't be an issue if this GW unpainted cancer didn't move over to other gaming areas, like historical wargaming.

In the context of the hobby, it's huge.
    Elitist douchebag

Really after 25 pages I think everyone's position is clear.

Thread closed... for the greater good! No, wait, I play Eldar.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526