BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Codex Specific Special Rules Resource?

I am trying to get smart on all the different special rules out there in the individual codices. Is there a worthwhile resource out there that has these located in one place? I know I could sit at the LGS and thumb through their merchandise for 90 minutes, but that is a 3 hour drive as it is.

I know GW is touchy about their products being printed online, so I am not looking for anything that rips them off. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of my potential opponents.

Chaplain

The Wargear book that GW released three or four years ago had info drawn from all the different codices... but with a few exceptions (DH, WH, BT...) it's way out of date now.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Brother-Captain

Your options for accessing the information in the GW codices are 1) buy all of the codices, or 2) BitTorrent. There really are no options between those two (which is why so many people take the latter option).

If you want to avoid the drive, GW can ship the codices to your address if you buy them on the website. You can sometimes get a cheaper price on Ebay, too.

Well you can go on the GW web site and download the PDF that gives stats for all the armies just like in the BRB. It might have more units in there now, not shure. I havn't looked at that in a long time.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chaplain

Torrent it. There's no other way to read through all the dex's other then buying them all or spending hours at the store, as you said.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Biscuit View Post
    Torrent it. There's no other way to read through all the dex's other then buying them all or spending hours at the store, as you said.
    Ugh... I think I may end up buying a few of the codices I am most worried-about/interested-in off of Amazon (BA and SW specifically) and memorizing the rules for everyone else the next time I go to a shop in San Antonio.

It is a pity that GW would sue the crap out of a site that just compiled a list of the special rules. If GW won't offer a product like that, then they can't get too pissy about players filling the void.

The wargear book is out of date and only had wargear related rules as the name would suggest. All those unit or army specific rules are only in the codex. By searching the internet for army and unit tactics you could create a list of how the rules work for yourself but that is a lot of work and prone to error since a lot of what people put up is incorrect.

Librarian

Scribd.

Nuff Said.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>