BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by razcalking View Post
    And also a group that you apparently can't communicate with or deal with in a pleasant, non-confrontational manner.
    Do not make assumptions about what happens outside of this forum, as you would not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    I guess we are down to the part wherein we must agree to disagree. From my perspective that is exactly what your post implies. I was glad to see you acknowledge that not all folks who might want to go to a fully-painted-only-tourney are elitist douche-bag pricks... that seemed reasonable...

Take care. Cheers. Good gaming to all... Chris
    I'm sad that you felt you had to see me acknowledge. It's insulting that you would assume I would say that in the first palce.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    I'm sad that you felt you had to see me acknowledge. It's insulting that you would assume I would say that in the first palce.
    Again, we are down to the agree-to-disagree part of this conversation. YOU are the one who walked into this thread (which I'd labored to make as gentle as possible) with words like douche-bag and elitist prick. I am likewise insulted.

You don't want to imply something? You don't want to give off an impression? You don't want to be mis-interpreted? OK... perhaps not coming in implying that folks on the opposite side of an issue from you are elitist prick douche-bags would be a better way to go.

I think I even mentioned in my OP something about how easy it is to be misunderstood on the interwebz...

So, Melissia, I am quite happy to agree to disagree with you. I might also agree with you from time to time. I will never, however, call names. I post under my real name on the interwebz on purpose... it keeps me honest and keeps me polite...

Cheers... Chris

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    OK... perhaps not coming in implying that folks on the opposite side of an issue from you are elitist prick douche-bags would be a better way to go.
    Then it is a good thing that this is something I did not do.

If you wish to willfully misinterpret my posts, then yes, agreeing to disagree is the best you can hope for.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Default Yes you did... no I didnt't... ya-huh! Nu-uh!

Parse things how you wish, but from my perspective that is exactly what you did. We are now heading into the pointless, "yes you did, no I didn't stage" of the conversation...

Perhaps we should put up a poll that asks the BoLs community if they think your words implied what I say they implied... not that I see the point. As you said, English can be an inexact language... and as I said, it's easy to be mis-read on the inter-webz...

Toodles.

Brother-Sergeant

Alright, stop it. Both of you. I hate seeing a perfectly good topic being derailed like this due to an 'I'm right, he's wrong' argument.

Mel - would you please explain why you think this style of tournament is a bad idea? Keep in mind that Copeland is not saying an army has to be painted at levels of Golden Daemons, just painted.

If I may bring up your original post in this thread...
    I wouldn't go there even with my painted army if it meant I could avoid elitist painter douchebags who mock the fact that not everyone is good at painting.
    What's the difference if there's an elitest painting douchebag and an elitest competitive "I'm-Better-Than-All-Of-You" douchebag? No matter what tournament scene you go to, you're going to have people who will be elitest jerks. Why differentiate?

Abbess Sanctorum

There is no difference, except that I'm starting to see more of the former now than the latter.

Librarian

I can relate to the dislike of overly pompous, elitist d bags. Those kind of people ruin any hobby, be it music, video games, books, 40k, etc. But the sad thing is, no matter what there will always be elitists.

I say we toss the elitists on the Event Horizon and activate the gravity drive, but that'd just be mean. Best anti-elitist method is troll em. But I'm rambling at this point.

There is no difference, except that I'm starting to see more of the former now than the latter.
    Melissa,

You have always seemed to start flame wars on this forum. I have seen many an civil discussion go down hill once you post. I know this might be harsh to say but you need to chill. Your post in my opinion are argumentative and incendiary a lot of the time. This was a civic discussion until your douchebag comment from 6 pages ago.

Painting is part of the hobby PERIOD. I do not care if you paint as good as me as long as you put an effort forward. When I know a player can do better and I have the proper relationship and they show at an event, I will rib them for it, but only when I know the person. Painting should count in event but only the most rudimentary scores such as; did you paint them, or are they based. I am sorry if a couple people have pissed you off but get over it.

You do not know Chris Copeland so show him respect and assume he is the person he stated in the beginning.

Have a Great Week.

Robert

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    Painting is part of the hobby PERIOD
    What your little rant seems to be missing is that noone is denying this.

The argument is between a group of people who thinks painting is an all-important aspect of the hobby with no other aspects mattering, and everyone else. And then some confused people in the middle trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

And yes, if you had paid attention you'd have seen people indeed took the former position.

Also? Don't flat out tell me who to respect. You have no idea who I respect or don't respect. I do not give a cockroach's corpse what you think on that subject, and your post does not show you to be any more socially competent than I in that regard.
    Last edited by Melissia; 07-05-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    Melissa,

You have always seemed to start flame wars on this forum.
    He is an admitted troll. Due to the lack of ANY real forum rules, or any real moderation, Melissa has found a home where he can start flame wars and troll people at will.

It is really that simple. You can't get any real moderation going on at all on this forum, so people like him just troll and flame to their hearts content.

If this forum were like a 'real' 40k forum, with actual rules and moderation, Melissa would have been banned last year, easy.

Best thing to do is to put him on ignore, and forget he even exists.

Odd to, because over the past few weeks I sensed a change in his posting manners, and I thought I saw him change for the better, but the last few days, wow, he has just gone all out in the insult/harass/flame/troll front like it's WWIII!!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast