BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What FoW army do you play?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • United States

4 33.33%
  • Great Britain

4 33.33%
  • Russia

1 8.33%
  • Germany

3 25.00%
  • Italy

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Scout

Mid-war German, Russians and Canadians. Mutable companies of each, with tank,airborne, infantry, or mech infantry options available. I have been playing more of this then anything else lately because of some friends interest.

Scout

Hi guys, I have a 1600 Pts-US Tank Company that I have played 6 times, won 4. I love the look of the M4A1 Sherman Tank,fully painted. I allso have a German Panzerkomanie, 2 Panzer IV H for HQ an 2 Panzer platoon of 3 Panzer IV H, 3 Panzer III M, Panzer Grenadier, 2 Tiger IE , Ace roll are cool, But my Motorised Scout Platoon has saved me from lossing the last game I had buy not passing there motivation test and staying put.I have played with this Army 5 times. Flames of War is a great game, love it.

See ya

My main armies are Soviet up to 2k+ points. I also have a core of British tanks and the beginnings of a german army. mostly i field a Soviet tankovy batalon with leand lease tanks and either guards heavy tanks or guards heavy assualt guns backing them up.

Brother-Sergeant

This is one of those games where I'd definitely have more armies if I played more often.

I started off in late 1st edition with an american rifle co. Then due to loss of players, schedule changes, etc, I stopped playing.....for 2 years. Now I'm back with those ground-pounders in a late-war escalation league. I've always wanted to do an american armored rifle co, as well as an afrika korps force.

Lux

Scout

Mid War Deutches Afrika Korps. Rommel rules!

Would love to play but in my area nobody plays or sells them. But I do have the Panzergren box set. Thats all though Want a Canadian army though.

Scout

I play 8th Soviet Guards. Currently sporting almost 3k points of mixed heavy and medium Guardsvizy Tankovy. Also working on a Red Army Strelkovy with OT-34 Flame Tank attachments with Air Support.

Planning on after this to shift to Normandy and field an 1st Special Service Battalon from the British Commandos in Normandy Breifing with Naval Gun Support and British Airborne.

Battle-Brother

Painted:

2nd SS Das Reich Gepantz Panzergrenadiers (about 2,500pts)
    2nd SS Das Reich Panzer Company (2,000pts)
    101st Swere Panzer Company (1,500pts)
    7th Armoured Division (Desert Rats) (1,500pts)

Have models and need to paint:

1st American Assault Boat Company (Big Red One) (2,000pts)
    Soviet Tankovy (from River of Heroes) (1,500pts)

Then, maybe I'll moved into Mid-war

Chaplain

I don't currently play FoW but am looking at getting into it. I was considering starting, and when I found out it was made by a New Zealand company I decided I'd better support the local economy.
    The trouble is I don't know who/what to play

If they had the Pacific Theater I'd definitely be the United States Marine Corps (Oorah!)
    The problem is that since they don't, I have to make a pick from Europe/Mediteranea/Africa.
    I like the Soviets, the Germans and the Americans! Gah!
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Initiate

I have several lists that I have put together over the past 8 months or so as I finally managed to talk the local store into carrying it.

I have about a 3500 point 21st Panzerdivision for North Africa;
    I have a list of about 3000 points of the 9th SS 'Hohenstaufen' focusing on the Panzergrenadiers which I can switch over to a 9th SS Panzerkompanie easily enough by adding/swapping out several tanks and losing some Panzergrenadiers and the Heavy Weapons squad.

On the American side I currently have the 82nd Airborne just at about 900 points but they need some support which I am working on in the form of XXX Corps Irish Guard for A Bridge too Far and Hell's Highway.

This could mean the British Aiirborne under Frost will soon be joining my forces especially as currently sitting on my terrain table are the materials to try and duplicate the town of Arnhem as seen in the ABTF book and in the latest Wargames Illustrated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast