BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fenrisian wolves and Wolf Gaurd Battle leader

Ok, so my plan is to take a wolf gaurd battle leader and give him saga of the hunter. I will basically use this unit to outflank gaurd armies and have a 60% chance to outflank into their midst and wale on them.

My question is, if I take 2 fenrisian wolves as a retinue unit, does he lose the ability to outflank. I couldn't find any simple explanation about this on page 48.

Your thoughts? Please provide page numbers to cite your reasoning.

He can still outflank. The fenrisian wolves are treated as wargear, and do not affect the characters abilities. The space wolves FAQ touches on this when discussing Lone wolves. Lone wolves can not be joined by other models (Pack of one rule) yet can still be accompanied by fenrisian rules PURCHASED AS WARGEAR.

Hope this helps

Abbess Sanctorum

Neat, so that means a model with fenrisian wolves can join another unit in a drop pod?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

I believe so, but I am pretty sure the wolves take up space in the pod itself (or land raider, ect). You'd might wanna check into that.

EDIT: p.31

Fenrisian Wolves that are chosen as part of a character's wargear must always stay within 2" of their master. Fenrisian Wolves bought as part of a character's wargear allowance may enter vehicles with a transport capacity, though they will count as two models.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 07-06-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Thanks, will keep that in mind.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Keep in mind that you can also stick your WGBL+FW in a unit of scouts, and they can all outflank. Then if you want to, the WGBL can peal off and do his own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Student Teacher View Post
    Keep in mind that you can also stick your WGBL+FW in a unit of scouts, and they can all outflank. Then if you want to, the WGBL can peal off and do his own thing.
    Yes, but then the scouts couldn't do the behind enemy lines ability. I am going to be running this guy with a powerfist and a storm shield to pop tanks. The wolves are just there in case he gets shot at because he outflanks on the wrong side of the board.

Veteran-Sergeant

I am not sure if its legal, but if you put em on a thunder wolf mount, then you can move faster charge faster and have str 10 with fist/hammer.

Chaplain

S9, but yes, it is still legal.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Veteran-Sergeant

You sure its not S10? Because your toughness is also 5 and only S10 can instand death you. I dont have a codex on my now, but i recall that it is the combined fighting of the rider and wolf so you count a a character with S5 and T5 as it was treated as his own stats. Wasn't that made clear in the FaQ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast