BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Which Faction Should Follow the Squats Out? Why?

It's been many years since Hive Fleet Retcon ate the entire Squat race. There has been an eerie silence left in many sectors of the Imperium since. Much space-ale has been left undrunk... many space-hogs unridden, much space-leather unworn.

So my question is this: who should be next? Tau? Dark Eldar? Sisters? Necrons? Who would you like to see follow the Squats into oblivion and why?

Abbess Sanctorum

None. In fact Squats should be brought BACK, along with Lost and the Damned.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm with Melissia. Though if I had to pick one I'd say Tau, and they go out the exact same way the Squats did: eaten by Nids.

It makes sense, honestly. A hive fleet is already nibbling away at them and their area of space isn't that big.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    None. In fact Squats should be brought BACK, along with Lost and the Damned.
    I agree. Even the factions that I dislike add diversity. Its not as if 40k is that diverse to begin with either - with most of the xenos being bipeds of different skin colours. Also, all the factions have strong dedicated fanbases and it would only piss them off if their beloved race got canned.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Agreed. I really dislike when units are removed from codices, let alone whole armies trashed. If you give a couple hundred bucks to GW to build an army, GW should continue to support that army with updated rules, even if it's a White Dwarf or PDF release.

I'd really like to see GW or Forgeworld release updated rules for all of the armies that they have sold at one time: Lost and the Damned, Kroot Mercs, Genestealer Cult, Squats, etc. Even if it's just for casual games, people should be able to use their GW models in 5th ed 40k.

GW could easily get an intern to update the rules for free, or even nab one of the homebrew codices online and make it quasi-official.
    Last edited by Lerra; 07-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    I'd really like to see GW or Forgeworld release updated rules for all of the armies that they have sold at one time: Lost and the Damned, Kroot Mercs, Genestealer Cult, Squats, etc. Even if it's just for casual games, people should be able to use their GW models in 5th ed 40kl.
    I agree and id go further with that - I think Forgeworld should do new xeno races. its not like there isnt loads to choose from in the backround - and furthermore its not like GW itself can keep up with the existing ones, so FW would be the best place. They could even do guard/marine stuff as a counter to the new xeno stuff if it helped sell the books and such e.g. id like to see the conflict between the Iron Lords and Barghesi expanded beyond its tidbit mentions in the books.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

None.

As a comic book writer said on the killing of characters, "every character is somebody's favourite".

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I agree and id go further with that - I think Forgeworld should do new xeno races. its not like there isnt loads to choose from in the backround - and furthermore its not like GW itself can keep up with the existing ones, so FW would be the best place. They could even do guard/marine stuff as a counter to the new xeno stuff if it helped sell the books and such e.g. id like to see the conflict between the Iron Lords and Barghesi expanded beyond its tidbit mentions in the books.
    Hrud may be bipedal, but they're extremely alien... they could make an interesting faction.

[url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/3/3b/Hrud.jpg[/url]
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

To be clear: I was just joking. I think we need MORE factions not less (and I don't mean 5 more Space Marine Codexes either).

As a mental exercise, the question still stands: If you HAD to drop and army from 40K which would you choose and why?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post

yeah thatd be cool with FW most races could be coverd with a troop set and upgrade frame (e.g. marines = marine box and a box filled with packs, Heavy weapons and combat weapons.) along with 1/2 big beasties
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast