BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Questions about force org.

I just had a couple of questions. Can greyfax be taken in any imperial army as a solo HQ? or does she need a detachment form Inquisition to be played? So im asking can i add her into a space marine army without taking inquisition models? How do imp knights work for allies? Do you still need to run a cad with the army you are trying to ally them with to open a lord of war option? Thanks

Veteran-Sergeant

from "The Fall of Cadia" Greyfax, Cawl & Celestine can be taken as a HQ choice in a detachment belonging to thier faction (i.e. Inquisition for Greyfax), or as a HQ Choice for any CAD/Allied Detachment comprised of an Armies of the Imperium Faction." Greyfax may also replace an inquisitor where appropriate in formations.

probably the best way to run Greyfax is to get the Imperial Agents Book. Take an Inquisitorial Representative formation - minimum choice 1x Inquisitor. gain free warlord trait (i.e. Greyfax's no infiltrators). (Note take your CAD, or the rest of your army as your primary detachment thus generating your warlord trait as normal, this formation allows you to gain an additional warlord trait on your inquisitor.

Imperial Knights can be taken as a separate "Household Detachment" i.e. 1-3 knights as a separate formation (per the Imperial Knights Codex).

Meaning you can have a formation of space marines e.g. a Battle Demi-Company that does not have a lord of war option, take an imperial knight household detachment for your knight, and an inquisitorial representative formation for Greyfax.

Alternatively take the Castellans of the Imperium Detachment (from the Fall of Cadia) to mix and match all of these units in one detachment with the added bonus of recycling troops units...
    Last edited by Mr.Gold; 04-06-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gold View Post
    from "The Fall of Cadia" Greyfax, Cawl & Celestine can be taken as a HQ choice in a detachment belonging to thier faction (i.e. Inquisition for Greyfax), or as a HQ Choice for any CAD/Allied Detachment comprised of an Armies of the Imperium Faction." Greyfax may also replace an inquisitor where appropriate in formations.

probably the best way to run Greyfax is to get the Imperial Agents Book. Take an Inquisitorial Representative formation - minimum choice 1x Inquisitor. gain free warlord trait (i.e. Greyfax's no infiltrators). (Note take your CAD, or the rest of your army as your primary detachment thus generating your warlord trait as normal, this formation allows you to gain an additional warlord trait on your inquisitor.

Imperial Knights can be taken as a separate "Household Detachment" i.e. 1-3 knights as a separate formation (per the Imperial Knights Codex).

Meaning you can have a formation of space marines e.g. a Battle Demi-Company that does not have a lord of war option, take an imperial knight household detachment for your knight, and an inquisitorial representative formation for Greyfax.

Alternatively take the Castellans of the Imperium Detachment (from the Fall of Cadia) to mix and match all of these units in one detachment with the added bonus of recycling troops units...

ok awesome thanks for the info ill try to put a list together!