1 1.09%
  • Dan Abnett

3 3.26%
  • Graham McNeill

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Adeptus Custodes

Default Worst Black Library Author

Whilst there are some great black library Authors (take a bow Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill et al) its no secret that there are some really awful ones.

The range of terrible books usually stretch to some filler works with title like "Imperial Guard regiment" or "Space Marine Chapter" with lines like for "for the emeperor Shouted the Space Marine- Bang Bang Bang went the bolt guns and twenteen Chaos spacemarines died like the traitors they are".

I honestly wonder if anyone who works for games workshop and who owns a laptop is allowed to write a black Library nopvel

I was wondering who the least liked authors are? Gav thorpe gets a lot of stick for the Last chancers (which I actually kinda liked) Ben Counter is the worst offender in my opinion altough the worst book by far was the tie in with the Fire Warrior game. Reading it was like watching someone else play the computer game and describing it to you whilst limiting himself to words of seven letters or less. I wouldn't have been surprised if at some point it mentioned the fire warrior pausing the game for half an hour to have some lunch and a quick toilet break.

So have at you- who is the least liked Black library author?

Librarian

COOOOOOOUNTEEEEEEEEEERRR!!!

*shakes fist up to the heavens*
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Veteran-Sergeant

Since you've missed a fair few BL authors I'll just choose the one I dislike most out of that list- C.S Goto, the Uwe Boll of the Black Library, at least Counter has got a fair few decent novels to his name.

p.s. if you included the full list of authors I would have vote Lee Lightner, he writes like a dyslexic 5 year-old.

Veteran-Sergeant

Counter ruined my Legion with his awful book... Though as stated above, had you included Lee Lightner I would have voted 'him' (I think it's a pen name for two people). The Space Wolves series, so exquisitely set up and explained by Bill King, was torn down and ruined by the simple over-repetition of a few choice words: "The young space wolf..."

Veteran-Sergeant

Re-reading Will King's books I'm not so enamoured of him either- in his BL days his stuff was great, but only in comparison to alot of the stuff being churned out then. If he'd started now I doubt he'd make it into the top10 best BL authors list (I certainly think Nathan Long is doing a better job with the characters Bill created than Mr King did himself).

Veteran-Sergeant

I propose siccing the internet on anyone votes against Abnett. Either that or hunting them down and killing them in their sleep. See? Restraint. I'm such a nice person.
    Because really, the Hive Mind just wants to make friends.

Adeptus Custodes

I always considered william king to be basically a childrens author writing about warhammer with children in mind. as for Lee lightner I plain forgo- my bad.(tho not as bad as his novels

Battle-Brother

One word: Multilasers.

My vote goes to Goto.

Some of the others might be bad, but Goto is abominable. Terrible writer and no grasp of fluff.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Abbess Sanctorum

C.S. Goto is the worst for sure. But the douchebag who wrote Redemption Corps gets honorable mention.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast